On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 11:35:27AM +0100, Jernej Škrabec wrote: > Hi Maxime, > > (previously I respond only to linux-sunxi mailing list) > > >On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 10:22:23AM +0100, codekipper-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org wrote: > >> From: Marcus Cooper > >> > >> Add the new DAI block for I2S2 which is used for HDMI audio. > >> > >> Signed-off-by: Marcus Cooper > > > >queued for 4.17, thanks! > >Maxime > > Please note that HDMI I2S has usable 4 I2S lanes, since HDMI > supports 8 channel audio. As Marcus said, other blocks probably > support them too, they are just not wired out on pins. I've dropped those patches for now. > Should we change compatible for HDMI? I guess, another way of doing things if they are strictly identical but for the number of lanes they support would be to add a DT property for that number of lanes. Maxime -- Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering http://free-electrons.com