On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 03:12:21PM +0100, Thomas Preston wrote: > On 30/07/2019 14:12, Marco Felsch wrote: > >>> +- compatible : "st,tda7802" > >>> +- reg : the I2C address of the device > >>> +- enable-supply : a regulator spec for the PLLen pin > > Shouldn't that be a pin called 'pllen-gpios'? IMHO I would not use a > > regulator for that. > Hi Marco, > We have multiple amplifiers hooked up in a chain, and all the PLLens > are connected to one GPIO. So we need to use a regulator so that > i2c-TDA7802:00 doesn't turn off the PLLen which i2c-TDA7802:01 still > requires. > This is why we use a regulator. Is there GPIO support for this? If it's a GPIO not a regulator then it should be a GPIO not a regulator in the device tree. The device tree describes the hardware. There was some work on helping share GPIOs in the GPIO framework to accomodate GPIOs for regulator enables, you should be able to do something similar to what the regulator framework does.