On Fri, Dec 06, 2019 at 04:20:04PM +0530, Nagarjuna Kristam wrote: > Add usb-role-switch property for Tegra210 and Tegra186 platforms. This > entry is used by XUSB pad controller driver to register for role changes > for OTG/Peripheral capable USB 2 ports. > > Signed-off-by: Nagarjuna Kristam > --- > Documentation/devicetree/bindings/phy/nvidia,tegra124-xusb-padctl.txt | 4 ++++ > 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+) > > diff --git a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/phy/nvidia,tegra124-xusb-padctl.txt b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/phy/nvidia,tegra124-xusb-padctl.txt > index 9fb682e..0f19ed6 100644 > --- a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/phy/nvidia,tegra124-xusb-padctl.txt > +++ b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/phy/nvidia,tegra124-xusb-padctl.txt > @@ -179,6 +179,10 @@ Optional properties: > is internal. In the absence of this property the port is considered to be > external. > - vbus-supply: phandle to a regulator supplying the VBUS voltage. > +- usb-role-switch: boolean property to indicate use of USB Role Switch. That first sentence here seems a bit useless and vague. It doesn't really convey anything other than the name already does. Perhaps something like: Boolean property to indicate that the port support OTG. If present, the port supports switching between USB host and peripheral roles. > + This property is MUST for OTG,Peripheral capable USB 2 ports. Connector If this is mandatory, why not add it to the list of required properties? I guess since it's only mandatory for ports that support OTG, perhaps we could add a section "Required properties for OTG capable ports:" or something like that? Then you can also omit the second sentence in the description. > + should be added as subnode, see connector.txt. vbus-gpio in connector is There's no file called "connector.txt". Are you referring to Documentation/devicetree/bindings/connector/usb-connector.txt ? Also, that file calls the property "vbus-gpios" and lists it as optional. What would happen if we don't specify it? Doesn't that just mean that we can't support role detection? > + Mandatory. "mandatory" Thierry > > ULPI ports: > ----------- > -- > 2.7.4 >