On Mon, Dec 09, 2019 at 11:31:59PM +0300, Dmitry Osipenko wrote: > 09.12.2019 19:40, Mark Brown пишет: > > Why would this need to be a stable fix? Presumably people with stable > > kernels are using the old device tree anyway? > At least Rob Herring is asking to maintain backwards compatibility > because some ditros are using newer device-trees with stable kernels. You're talking about forwards compatibility not backwards here. Are those distros actually using LTS kernels? > I'm personally also tending to use the newer DTB with older kernel > version whenever there is a need to check something using stable kernel. > Perhaps losing sound is not very important, but will be nicer if that > doesn't happen. That really does sound like a "you broke it, you get all the pieces" situation TBH... I'd be a lot more comfortable if the stable kernels were sticking to bugfix only though I do appreciate that they're not really that any more.