On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 07:58:06AM +0800, Chuanhong Guo wrote: > On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 8:55 PM Mark Brown wrote: > > This is an ABI break so you shouldn't be doing this, if the existing > > binding works it should continue to work. > The missing spi-max-frequency is the only part preventing old > device tree to work with this driver. > If the goal is to make existing dt binding work, I could patch dt using > of_add_property in v2. I saw similar device tree patching for legacy > bindings in pinctrl-single driver. That's fine I think, so long as old DTs continue to work.