On Fri, Jun 05, 2020 at 10:07:36PM +0200, Michael Walle wrote: > Am 2020-06-05 12:50, schrieb Mark Brown: > > I have no idea what you are thinking of when you say "simple-regmap" so > > it is difficult to comment. > I guess, Lee is suggesting to be able to create a regmap instance via > device tree (and populate its child nodes?). Like > compatible = "syscon", "simple-mfd"; > but for any regmap, not just MMIO. I don't understand why this would be anything separate to simple-mfd. > But, there is more in my driver: > (1) there is a version check > (2) there is another function for which there is no suitable linux > subsystem I'm aware of and thus which I'd like to us sysfs > attributes for: This controller supports 16 non-volatile > configuration bits. (this is still TBD) TBH I'd also say that the enumeration of the subdevices for this device should be in the device rather than the DT, they don't seem to be things that exist outside of this one device.