Hi Kalle, On Fri, Aug 06, 2021 at 08:47:09AM +0000, Kalle Valo wrote: > Maxime Ripard wrote: > > > The ESP8089 Wireless Chip is supported by Linux (through an out-of-tree > > driver) thanks to its device tree binding. > > > > Now that we have the DT validation in place, let's convert the device > > tree bindings for that driver over to a YAML schema. > > > > Cc: "David S. Miller" > > Cc: de Goede > > Cc: Jakub Kicinski > > Cc: Kalle Valo > > Cc: linux-wireless@vger.kernel.org > > Cc: netdev@vger.kernel.org > > Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard > > Reviewed-by: Rob Herring > > We support out-of-tree drivers in DT? Yeah, as long as the binding is stable we can merge it. This controller is one of these examples, but we supported multiple GPU that way too. > Via which tree is this supposed to go? I guess not via > wireless-drivers-next as this is an out-of-tree driver. It's up to you I guess. It was already part of the dt-bindings wireless directory, so either your tree or the DT maintainers if you'd prefer not to. Maxime