Sean Paul writes: > Hey all, > Here's a set which allows us to add an "override" mode to the simple > panel dt node. The override mode can be used for devices for which the > typical display timing is not sufficient, yet the overriding mode should > not be applied across the entire platform. > > An example of this (and the motivation) is the Chromebook Plus (kevin). > If the sharp panel on this laptop is run at the mode advertised in the > datasheet (and what is currently in mainline), it creates interference > with the touch digitizer. To fix this, we need to run the pixel clock at > a slightly higher rate (which we can do by increasing the back porches). > This "fix" should not be used on other rockchip devices using this panel > since they might not encounter the same interference. > > If an override mode is present, it will be checked against the panel's > display_timing range. When validated, it will be exposed as the > preferred mode along with the 'typical' modes generated from the panel's > display_timing. > > This set is based on Linus' master to pick up the edp support in > rk3399-gru-kevin.dts. Couldn't you just add a different compatible string for the panel driver, and use that to have a different mode exposed from the panel?