On Sun Oct 04 2020, Vladimir Oltean wrote: > On Sun, Oct 04, 2020 at 01:29:08PM +0200, Kurt Kanzenbach wrote: >> +/* Enabling/disabling TX and RX HW timestamping for different PTP messages is >> + * not available in the switch. Thus, this function only serves as a check if >> + * the user requested what is actually available or not >> + */ > > Correct me if I'm wrong, but to the user it makes zero difference > whether the hardware takes timestamps or not. Why not? I think it makes a difference to the user b/o the precision. > What matters is whether the skb will be delivered to the stack with a > hardware timestamp or not, so you should definitely accept a > hwtstamp_config with TX and RX timestamping disabled. > Sorry, I cannot follow you here. Thanks, Kurt