Hi, I still wonder if we can't get the SSIF BMC driver upstream... > @all: Plus, I neither like the API (because it doesn't look generic to > me but mostly handling one issue needed here) nor do I fully understand > the use case. Normally, when a read is requested and the backend needs > time to deliver the data, the hardware should stretch the SCL clock > until some data register is finally written to. If it doesn't do it for > whatever reason, this is a quirky hardware in my book and needs handling > in the driver only. So, what is special with this HW? Can't we solve it > differently? ... for that, it would be great if somebody could answer my questions here :) Happy hacking, Wolfram