On Tue, Jan 04, 2022 at 04:43:12PM +0200, Laurent Pinchart wrote: > On Tue, Jan 04, 2022 at 02:26:45PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote: > > On Sun, Jan 02, 2022 at 11:11:23PM +0200, Laurent Pinchart wrote: > > > + required: > > > + - OUT1 > > > + - OUT2 > > Why are we requiring that there be machine constraints for the > > individual regulators? There's already a problem with people just > > using the maximum possible control a regulator has as the default for > > devices without regard to what the specific system can support. > Could you elaborate a bit, keeping in mind that I'm a newbie when it > comes to the regulator framework ? :-) Not really... the question is why we are marking these as required rather than just letting them be omitted as we normally do for individual regulators on a device. What purpose does it serve? > How should I modify the DT bindings to match that correctly ? Remove the required:.