On Fri, Apr 22, 2022 at 12:43:30PM +0200, Martin PoviĊĦer wrote: > I looked in the TAS2770 and TAS2764 drivers/datasheets, and to answer > the questions we had: > * VSENSE/ISENSE output slots are configured independently of audio samples > routing. Kernel drivers configure the slots based on the 'ti,imon-slot-no' > and 'ti,vmon-slot-no' properties of devicetree. > * By default codecs transmit Hi-Z for duration of unused slots. > So once we supply the devicetree props it should be electrically sound > under any configuration of userspace knobs. Great, that's a relief. > One final thought on the playback routing controls: On systems with >2 > speakers, the codecs need to be assigned slots through set_tdm_slot. > The macaudio driver RFCed here assigns a single slot to each speaker, > making the effect of each speaker's routing control this: > 'I2C offset' -- uses a random slot > 'Left' 'Right' 'LeftRight' -- uses the single slot we configured > I suppose I better assign two slots to speakers in each left-right pair > of the same kind (e.g. woofer 1, woofer 2, tweeter). This way the > routing control will mimic its behavior from simple stereo systems but > replicated within each left-right pair. (I would prefer to hide the > controls altogether, but as I learned that hiding things unless proven > dangerous is an ASoC non-goal, this way I can make the controls do > something interesting.) I don't quite grasp the difference between the arrangement you're proposing and assigning a single slot to each speaker? Possibly it's just a reordering of the slots?