Linux-EDAC Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Borislav Petkov <bp@alien8.de>
To: "Hawa, Hanna" <hhhawa@amazon.com>
Cc: "james.morse@arm.com" <james.morse@arm.com>,
	Robert Richter <rrichter@marvell.com>,
	"linux-edac@vger.kernel.org" <linux-edac@vger.kernel.org>,
	"Woodhouse, David" <dwmw@amazon.co.uk>,
	"Krupnik, Ronen" <ronenk@amazon.com>,
	talel@amazon.com, jonnyc@amazon.com, "Hanoch,
	Uri" <hanochu@amazon.com>
Subject: Re: [RFC] Support different block names with same EDAC device
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 22:01:23 +0200

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 10:27:07PM +0300, Hawa, Hanna wrote:
> The pci layout on EDAC supports counters for parity/non parity errors. We
> are searching for something more general. To add more error for PCIe layout,
> to have counters, and to control panic flag per error.

Looking at edac_device_alloc_ctl_info(), reading the doc section I
pointed you at earlier and then maybe extending that function - if
needed - is what I'd do. After having looked how the others call it.

But you cannot break the existing drivers - adding new
functionality/sysfs nodes etc should be fine, of course.

> Didn't get your suggestion, where can I add name?

See above.

--
Regards/Gruss,
    Boris.