linux-edac.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* 答复: Re: [tip:x86/urgent] x86/mce: Ensure offline CPUs don' t participate in rendezvous process
@ 2019-05-30  9:13 Tony W Wang-oc
From: Tony W Wang-oc @ 2019-05-30  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tipbot, ashok.raj
  Cc: bp, hpa, linux-edac, linux-kernel, linux-tip-commits, mingo,
	peterz, stable, tglx, tony.luck, torvalds, David Wang

On Thu, May 30, 2019, Tony W Wang-oc wrote:
> Hi Ashok,
> I have two questions about this patch, could you help to check:
>
> 1, for broadcast #MC exceptions, this patch seems require #MC exception
> errors
> set MCG_STATUS_RIPV = 1.
> But for Intel CPU, some #MC exception errors set MCG_STATUS_RIPV = 0
> (like "Recoverable-not-continuable SRAR Type" Errors), for these errors
> the patch doesn't seem to work, is that okay?
>
> 2, for LMCE exceptions, this patch seems require #MC exception errors
> set MCG_STATUS_RIPV = 0 to make sure LMCE be handled normally even
> on offline CPU.
> For LMCE errors set MCG_STAUS_RIPV = 1, the patch prevents offline CPU
> handle these LMCE errors, is that okay?

More specifically, this patch seems require #MC exceptions meet the condition
"MCG_STATUS_RIPV ^ MCG_STATUS_LMCES == 1"; But on a Xeon X5650 machine (SMP),
"Data CACHE Level-2 Generic Error" does not meet this condition.

I got below message from: https://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=292742

Hardware event. This is not a software error.
MCE 0
CPU 4 BANK 6 TSC b7065eeaa18b0
TIME 1545643603 Mon Dec 24 10:26:43 2018
MCG status:MCIP
MCi status:
Uncorrected error
Error enabled