On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 02:23:53PM +0100, Julien Thierry wrote: > On 1/21/21 12:08 PM, Ard Biesheuvel wrote: > > I am not aware of any plans to enable this in GCC, but the Clang > > implementation is definitely intended for production use (it's a CFI > > feature for ROP/JOP mitigation) > I think most people interested in livepatching are using GCC built kernels, > but I could be mistaken (althought in the long run, both compilers should be > supported, and yes, I realize the objtool solution currently only would > support GCC). There definitely seem to be some users interested in both livepatch and clang built kernels so it might come up relatively quickly.