linux-efi.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Increasing EFI_MMAP_NR_SLACK_SLOTS
@ 2021-09-02 22:26 Víctor Gonzalo
From: Víctor Gonzalo @ 2021-09-02 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-efi

Hello

I had an issue in a big server in which no linux distro I tried was
able to boot. It failed with the messages:

EFI stub: ERROR: exit_boot() failed!
EFI stub: ERROR: efi_main() failed!

Digging through the rabbit hole I reached the error in the call to
efi_bs_call(get_memory_map) inside efi_exit_boot_services() in
efi-stub-helper.c which returned EFI_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL, so everything
collapsed after that.

It looks like despite what the comment suggests, the headroom was not enough.
I fixed it by increasing the value of EFI_MMAP_NR_SLACK_SLOTS to 16.

Is this the right approach to fix the issue?
Would it be ok to change the value in the mainline?

Thanks
- Víctor

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-09-02 22:26 UTC | newest]