Linux-EROFS Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: David Michael <fedora.dm0@gmail.com>
To: linux-erofs@lists.ozlabs.org
Subject: Enhancement request: exclude paths from mkfs.erofs
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2019 14:42:37 -0500

Hi,

I'd like to request support for excluding paths in mkfs.erofs similar
to the -ef (exclude file) option for mksquashfs.  An option that takes
a file containing a list of paths and glob patterns should be
sufficient.

For a simple use case:  I want to build an EROFS image from a Gentoo
install root, but I don't need development files in it.  An exclude
option would allow generating a smaller image without the unused files
while keeping them in the writable source path so additional packages
could be installed on it later.  This would have /usr/include and
/usr/lib/*.a for some basic entries in its exclude file.

If this isn't something that anyone else is interested in implementing
in the near future, I can try it myself and send a patch after I have
some time to get more familiar with the code.

Thanks.

David