linux-erofs.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* New things in erofs
@ 2019-10-26  7:26 Pratik Shinde
From: Pratik Shinde @ 2019-10-26  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gao Xiang; +Cc: linux-erofs

Hi Gao,

Are there any new features/enhancements coming in erofs. Something that we
can contribute to?

P. S. - I saw your erofs roadmap pdf on github.

--Pratik

* Re: New things in erofs
@ 2019-10-26 11:24 ` Gao Xiang via Linux-erofs
From: Gao Xiang via Linux-erofs @ 2019-10-26 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pratik Shinde; +Cc: linux-erofs

Hi Pratik,

On Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 12:56:10PM +0530, Pratik Shinde wrote:
> Hi Gao,
>
> Are there any new features/enhancements coming in erofs. Something that we
> can contribute to?
>
> P. S. - I saw your erofs roadmap pdf on github.

Thanks for your interest. As I mentioned before, I'm currently working on
adding a new XZ algorithm to erofs-utils because I'd like to make the
decompression framework more powerful and generic...

And there are many TODOs in the roadmap pdf, you can pick up something
if you have some time or you can raise up some new ideas. It's very
helpful to make EROFS better.

Thanks,
Gao Xiang

> --Pratik

* Re: New things in erofs
@ 2019-10-29 13:16   ` Pratik Shinde
From: Pratik Shinde @ 2019-10-29 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gao Xiang; +Cc: linux-erofs

Hi Gao,

Thanks.
I am exploring following things in erofs:
1) Sparse file support for uncompressed files.
2) erofs.fsck(erofs-utils)

I hope above items are in the development plan & patches are accepted for
them :)

--Pratik.

On Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 4:54 PM Gao Xiang <hsiangkao@aol.com> wrote:

> Hi Pratik,
>
> On Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 12:56:10PM +0530, Pratik Shinde wrote:
> > Hi Gao,
> >
> > Are there any new features/enhancements coming in erofs. Something that
> we
> > can contribute to?
> >
> > P. S. - I saw your erofs roadmap pdf on github.
>
> Thanks for your interest. As I mentioned before, I'm currently working on
> adding a new XZ algorithm to erofs-utils because I'd like to make the
> decompression framework more powerful and generic...
>
> And there are many TODOs in the roadmap pdf, you can pick up something
> if you have some time or you can raise up some new ideas. It's very
> helpful to make EROFS better.
>
> Thanks,
> Gao Xiang
>

> > --Pratik

* Re: New things in erofs
@ 2019-10-29 13:31     ` Gao Xiang
From: Gao Xiang @ 2019-10-29 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pratik Shinde; +Cc: linux-erofs

Hi Pratik,

On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 06:46:56PM +0530, Pratik Shinde wrote:
> Hi Gao,
>
> Thanks.
> I am exploring following things in erofs:
> 1) Sparse file support for uncompressed files.
> 2) erofs.fsck(erofs-utils)
>
> I hope above items are in the development plan & patches are accepted for
> them :)

Yes, they are definitely in the development plan, it would be appreciated
that you take some time to get them in shape if you have time. :-)

You can post RFC patch at any time, I will help on this as well.
For erofs.fsck (erofs-utils), it's better to share most common code in
"lib/" with mkfs.erofs.

Thanks,
Gao Xiang