linux-ext4.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>
To: Ritesh Harjani <riteshh@linux.ibm.com>
Cc: linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org, Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>,
	Eric Whitney <enwlinux@gmail.com>, Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu>
Subject: Re: xfstests global-ext4/1k generic/219 failure due to dmesg warning of "circular locking dependency detected"
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 13:50:01 +0200	[thread overview]

On Mon 12-10-20 13:03:47, Jan Kara wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Fri 09-10-20 22:59:13, Ritesh Harjani wrote:
> > While running generic/219 fstests on a 1k blocksize on x86 box, I see
> > below dmesg warning msg and generic/219 fails. I haven't yet analyzed
> > it, but I remember I have seen such warnings before as well in my testing.
> > I was wondering if others have also seen it in their testing or not and
> > if this is any known issue?
>
> I don't remember seeing this lately. What mkfs options do you use for your
> test? I can see below that mount options are apparently:
>
> acl,user_xattr,block_validity,usrquota,grpquota

BTW, I've tried and the problem indeed does *not* reproduce in my test KVM
setup with 1k block size and default mkfs options. But it does reproduce
with mkfs option "-O quota". So it indeed seems the lockdep annotation is
somehow broken in this config. I'll have a look...

								Honza
--
Jan Kara <jack@suse.com>
SUSE Labs, CR