On Apr 21, 2020, at 10:17 AM, David Howells wrote: > > Darrick J. Wong wrote: > >> The entire superblock as a binary blob? :) > > How about the attached? Please forgive the duplication of struct > ext4_super_block into the test program, but it's not in the UAPI. I think (hope?) Darrick was joking? At least IMHO, exporting the whole superblock as a binary blob is not a great user interface. I guess it has the benefit of allowing access to various non-standard fields without accessing the device directly. Kind of like SCSI mode pages, but that can get ugly quickly... I can definitely get behind adding generic properties like the ones you list below. > > David > --- > fsinfo: Add support to ext4 > > Add support to ext4, including the following: > > (1) FSINFO_ATTR_SUPPORTS: Information about supported STATX attributes and > support for ioctls like FS_IOC_[GS]ETFLAGS and FS_IOC_FS[GS]ETXATTR. > > (2) FSINFO_ATTR_FEATURES: Information about features supported by an ext4 > filesystem, such as whether version counting, birth time and name case > folding are in operation. > > (3) FSINFO_ATTR_VOLUME_NAME: The volume name from the superblock. > > (4) FSINFO_ATTR_EXT4_SUPERBLOCK: The entirety of the on disk-format > superblock record as an opaque blob. > > Signed-off-by: David Howells > cc: "Theodore Ts'o" > cc: Andreas Dilger > cc: "Darrick J. Wong" > cc: Eric Biggers > cc: linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org Cheers, Andreas