Linux-f2fs-devel Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
To: linux-f2fs-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [f2fs-dev] Linux kernel development reports for the 5.5 release
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 12:53:18 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to keep track of the different companies that people are
working for, or if people are just doing this as a hobby, or being paid
as a consultant for future articles on lwn.net about who is doing the
work on the Linux kernel.

Jonathan Corbet has also been writing articles at lwn.net about this
topic, and we share the same set of scripts, as well as we write a
yearly article for the Linux Foundation about Linux kernel
contributions.  An example of this can be found at:
	https://www.linuxfoundation.org/2017-linux-kernel-report-landing-page/

Your email address shows up in the changelog for the 5.5 kernel release
as a contributor, but I can't seem to place it with a company.  If you
don't mind, could you let me know what company you work for?  Or if no
company, do you want to be classified in any of these other categories
instead:
	- Amateur/Hobbyist/Unaffiliated/None
	  - this category is for people who are doing kernel work, but
	    not getting paid by any corporation to do it.
	- Consultant
	  - this category is for people who are consultants working on
	    the kernel and getting paid by other companies (not your
	    own) to do the work
	- Academia
	  - this category is for people working for Universities and
	    doing kernel work as part of their research or other
	    responsibilities related to school work.
	- Unknown
	  - this category is for people who want to remain in the
	    "unknown" category.

If you want, this mapping will be kept private and only myself and Jon
Corbet (of lwn.net) will have access to it.

The scripts involved in this can be found at:
	https://github.com/gregkh/kernel-history
if you are curious.

If you have any questions about this, please let me know.

If you never want me to bother you with this again, just let me know and
I will be glad to take you off of my list.

Thank you for your time,

greg k-h