Linux-Firmware Archive on lore.kernel.org
* Question about rtl8761b Realtek bluetooth dongle firmware
@ 2020-04-10 15:44 Zamir SUN
From: Zamir SUN @ 2020-04-10 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-firmware; +Cc: sztsian

Hi,

Recently I purchased a unbranded USB Bluetooth dongle which is found not
supported by Linux yet. And the vendor declare it to have rtl8716b chip.
After playing with it for a while we've figured out that it's mostly
compatible with the btrtl driver, with the difference firmware needed.
We found the firmware from the Windows driver CD shipped along with the
dongle and confirmed it works in Linux. I've carefully checked the
Windows driver as well as the installer and did not see any EULA. As I
don't work for Realtek, neither the producer of this USB dongle, so I am
writing to ask if I can submit to linux-firmware?

The patch to the driver is already sent out
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11483367/

Thanks in advance.
--
Zamir SUN