Linux-Firmware Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Josh Boyer <jwboyer@kernel.org>
To: Tony Nguyen <anthony.l.nguyen@intel.com>
Cc: Linux Firmware <linux-firmware@kernel.org>,
	netdev <netdev@vger.kernel.org>,
	 sassmann@redhat.com, poswald@suse.com,
	 Jeff Kirsher <jeffrey.t.kirsher@intel.com>,
	Aaron Brown <aaron.f.brown@intel.com>
Subject: Re: [linux-firmware][pull request]ice: update package file to 1.3.13.0
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 22:58:21 -0400

The license submitted with this request is not acceptable.  I am not
pulling this.  I'm not even comfortable replying with the binary patch
quoted, so I've deleted it.

As written, the submitted license requires acceptance that isn't even
possible for an open source distribution user, and forbids anyone from
redistributing it.  It also requires people to agree to an NDA they
have never seen and have no ability to agree to.  I suggest you review
with your team and determine if the original license that allows
redistribution is still suitable.

josh

      parent reply index