linux-fpga.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Moritz Fischer <mdf@kernel.org>
To: linux-fpga@vger.kernel.org
Cc: gregkh@linuxfoundation.org, hao.wu@intel.com, yilun.xu@intel.com
Subject: Maintenance of Linux FPGA
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 11:39:23 -0700	[thread overview]

Hi all,

I lately did not have enough time to dedicate to the Linux FPGA
subsystem, concerns were raised around bus-factor and all.

Looking at my day-job I don't see this getting better in the short-term
so I've decided to get a conversation going on how to structure this
better for the benefit of the Linux FPGA subsystem.

Maybe a maintainer team approach would address the bus factor and
workload concerns better?

In terms of people I was thinking about:

Hao has done a great job at keeping the DFL part of things going, so I
think he'd be a great choice.

Yilun has been very helpful with reviews and I think he'd be a good
pick, too.

In terms of how to structure this: I'm not sure just yet, open to input.

How do other multi-maintainer subsystems operate? Ideas? Suggestions?

Let me know what you think,

Moritz