linux-fscrypt.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* version/tags for fsverity-utils
@ 2019-11-06 15:57 Colin Walters
From: Colin Walters @ 2019-11-06 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-fscrypt

Hi, I'm looking at fsverity for Fedora CoreOS (a bit more background in https://github.com/ostreedev/ostree/pull/1959 )
I have a bunch of questions there (feel free to jump in), but just to start here:

I'd like to get fsverity-utils as a Fedora package, but there don't seem to be any git tags on the repo https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ebiggers/fsverity-utils.git/  - I could make up a datestamped version number, but I think it'd be better if there were upstream tags - it is useful to have releases with human-consumable version numbers for the usual reasons. And RPM/dpkg/etc really care about the version numbers of packages.

Other distributions/some packagers think "release" means tarballs, so someone may want to consider that too, personally
I use https://github.com/cgwalters/git-evtag for making git tags since I think it helps replace tarballs.