On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 11:30:23AM -0700, Kees Cook wrote: > On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 6:44 AM, Oleg Nesterov wrote: > > On 09/30, Oleg Nesterov wrote: > >> I think we should simply kill self/parent_exec_id's. I am going to send > >> the patch below after re-check/testing. > > > > Yes, I think this makes sense anyway. > > Hrm, I also thought this was used for more than just signal checking, > but I don't see anything else right now. Maybe I was remembering > earlier versions of Jann's patches... Maybe you're thinking of grsecurity's exec_id (which I used as the basis for my first implementation of the unique ID before Andy suggested the LUID approach)?