From: "Pali Rohár" <pali.rohar@gmail.com>
To: Andreas Henriksson <andreas@fatal.se>
Cc: Jaroslav Skarvada <jskarvad@redhat.com>,
	linux-fsdevel@vger.kernel.org, util-linux@vger.kernel.org,
	linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, mpluskal@suse.com,
	base-system@gentoo.org,
	Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko@gmail.com>,
	Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>, Andreas Bombe <aeb@debian.org>,
	Andreas Bombe <andreas.bombe@gmail.com>,
	Andreas Dilger <adilger@dilger.ca>,
	Richard Weinberger <richard.weinberger@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Future of dosfstools project (FAT)
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 12:33:41 +0100	[thread overview]

On Friday 12 October 2018 11:19:41 Andreas Henriksson wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> On Tue, Oct 02, 2018 at 04:44:10AM -0400, Jaroslav Skarvada wrote:
> > I am downstream maintainer of dosfstools in Fedora/RHEL. My personal opinion
> > with such kind of projects is that one or two years without activity doesn't
> > mean the project is dead. I don't know what happened with Andreas, but
> > in case of no response my +1 for the GitHub fork. I think it's non offensive
> > solution which can be easily reverted if needed. Please let me know if you do it
>
> It seems Andreas is a Debian Developer (like myself), so I used the
> debian tooling for 'missing in action' (mia-query) and it seems
> he is occationally active (but showing obvious signs of busyness).
>
> I even found his irc nick and found him online. I told him about this
> mailing list thread and he replied that he has been extremely busy
> with things in his personal life lately and said he should really
> try to find some time to catch up with things, but since he hasn't
> replied here I thought I'd just let you know about the situation.
> Hopefully things calms down for him soon to allow him to catch up.

Hi! One more month passed. Do you have some news? Probably when Andreas
can look at pending patches?

And... has somebody else time to look at those pending patches and do
some initial review? I would really appreciate if somebody look and
comment them.

There are 14 open pull requests:
https://github.com/dosfstools/dosfstools/pulls

--