Hi! > > > + /* > > > + * on-disk error, let's only BUG_ON in the debugging mode. > > > + * otherwise, it will return 1 to just skip the invalid name > > > + * and go on (in consideration of the lookup performance). > > > + */ > > > + DBG_BUGON(qd->name > qd->end); > > > > I believe you should check for errors in non-debug mode, too. > > Thanks for your kindly reply! > > The following is just my personal thought... If I am wrong, please > kindly point out... > > As you can see, this is a new prefixed string binary search algorithm > which can provide similar performance with hashed approach (but no > need to store hash value at all), so I really care about its lookup > performance. > > There is something needing to be concerned, is, whether namei() should > report any potential on-disk issues or just return -ENOENT for these > corrupted dirs, I think I tend to use the latter one. -ENOENT is okay for corrupted directories, as long as corrupted directories do not cause some kind of security bugs (memory corruption, crashes, ...) Best regards, Pavel -- DENX Software Engineering GmbH, Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany