From: Sagi Manole <sagi@plexistor.com>
To: lsf-pc@lists.linux-foundation.org,
	Josef Bacik <josef@toxicpanda.com>,
	Amir Goldstein <amir73il@gmail.com>,
	Boaz Harrosh <boazh@netapp.com>,
	boaz@plexistor.com
Cc: linux-fsdevel@vger.kernel.org,
	Amit Golander <amit.golander@netapp.com>,
	Miklos Szeredi <miklos@szeredi.hu>,
	sagi.manole@netapp.com
Subject: [LSF/MM/BPF TOPIC] ZUFS: going side-by-side with FUSE
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 16:59:20 +0200	[thread overview]

From: sagi.manole@netapp.com

[Talk by Sagi Manole && Boaz Harrosh]

Hi everyone,

We would like to present the latest updates on the ZUFS project. Particularly,
We would like to talk about how ZUFS provides infrastructures for the user-space
filesystem to execute ultra low-latency IO, enable for smart auto-tiering with
a-synchronous calls to the user space filesystem, take snapshots and other
dedicated ioctls, support for mmap on COWed files and more. We would also like
to present pmfs2, a filesystem for persistent memory in user-space via ZUFS.
The work on user-space pmfs2 is derived from now-discontinued work of in-kernel
pmfs filesystem (namely, using a radix-tree for file's mapping). The github for
pmfs2 is:
https://github.com/sagimnl/pmfs2

We would like discuss the challenges we face in pushing ZUFS upstream. What does
it take for ZUFS to get accepted upstream? We would also like to discuss
the differences between ZUFS and FUSE, in what they resemble and the many ways
they are different.

Thank you all,
Sagi & Boaz