On 2019/4/7 下午3:04, Christoph Hellwig wrote: >> + [BLK_STS_UCLEAN] = { -EUCLEAN, "structure needs cleaning" }, > > The subject line doesn't mention this new error code. That being said > while this sounds slightly less bad than the original name it still > sounds weird.. > > The various filesystems really use EFSCORRUPTED which is just mapped > to EUCLEAN, so maybe this really should be > > [BLK_STS_FSCORRUPTED] = > { -EUCLEAN, "file system corruption detected" }, > > But then again I really wonder why you need to pass this information > through a blk_status_t to start with. In general these kinds of error > should be passed through file system specific errno fields. > For functions called in endio hook, we return blk_status_t. Or for case like hook before submitting bio, we set bio->bi_status to record it. Yes, it's possible to restore such info into fs specific structure, but why not reuse the bi_status we all use and love? Thanks, Qu