From: Joshi <joshiiitr@gmail.com>
To: quwenruo.btrfs@gmx.com
Cc: linux-fsdevel@vger.kernel.org, linux-xfs@vger.kernel.org,
	linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org, linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: cross-fs copy support
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2018 20:45:45 +0530	[thread overview]

Sorry if my post was not clear enough. I picked the term "cross-fs"
from the implementation of vfs_copy_file_range.
Below snippet, inside vfs_copy_file_range -
1578         /* this could be relaxed once a method supports cross-fs copies */
1579         if (inode_in->i_sb != inode_out->i_sb)
1580                 return -EXDEV;

And I was not trying reflink for copy, rather I just used example code
for copy_file_range syscall -
http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man2/copy_file_range.2.html
This code creates a new file first, and later issues "copy_file_range"
for copying. I was trying this sort of copy among files residing on
btrfs, ext4, and xfs.
Although vfs_copy_file_range internally uses clone_file_range (which
would be true for btrfs and xfs).

--
Joshi