* exfatprogs-1.0.3 version released
       [not found] <CGME20200512081526epcas1p364393ddc6bae354db5aaaae9b09ffbff@epcas1p3.samsung.com>
@ 2020-05-12  8:15 ` Namjae Jeon
From: Namjae Jeon @ 2020-05-12  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: 'Eric Sandeen', 'Goldwyn Rodrigues',
	'Hyunchul Lee', 'Nicolas Boos'

Hi folk,

We have released exfatprogs-1.0.3 version.
Any feedback is welcome!:)

CHANGES :
 * Rename label.exfat to tune.exfat.
 * tune.exfat: change argument style(-l option for print level,
   -L option for setting label)
 * mkfs.exfat: harmonize set volume label option with tune.exfat.

NEW FEATURES :
 * Add man page.

BUG FIXES :
 * Fix the reported build warnings/errors.
 * Add memset to clean garbage in allocation.
 * Fix wrong volume label array size.
 * Open a device using O_EXCL to avoid formatting it while it is mounted.
 * Fix incomplete "make dist" generated tarball.

The git tree is at:
      https://github.com/exfatprogs/exfatprogs

The tarballs can be found at:
      https://github.com/exfatprogs/exfatprogs/releases/download/1.0.3/exfatprogs-1.0.3.tar.gz

* Re: exfatprogs-1.0.3 version released
@ 2020-06-30 10:16   ` Sedat Dilek
From: Sedat Dilek @ 2020-06-30 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Namjae Jeon
	Goldwyn Rodrigues, Hyunchul Lee, Nicolas Boos

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 10:17 AM Namjae Jeon <namjae.jeon@samsung.com> wrote:

> Hi folk,
>
> We have released exfatprogs-1.0.3 version.
> Any feedback is welcome!:)
>
> CHANGES :
>  * Rename label.exfat to tune.exfat.
>  * tune.exfat: change argument style(-l option for print level,
>    -L option for setting label)
>  * mkfs.exfat: harmonize set volume label option with tune.exfat.
>
> NEW FEATURES :
>  * Add man page.
>
> BUG FIXES :
>  * Fix the reported build warnings/errors.
>  * Add memset to clean garbage in allocation.
>  * Fix wrong volume label array size.
>  * Open a device using O_EXCL to avoid formatting it while it is mounted.
>  * Fix incomplete "make dist" generated tarball.
>
> The git tree is at:
>       https://github.com/exfatprogs/exfatprogs
>
> The tarballs can be found at:
>       https://github.com/exfatprogs/exfatprogs/releases/download/1.0.3/exfatprogs-1.0.3.tar.gz

Hi,

thanks for the upgrade.

Today, I contacted the Debian maintainer on how he wants to
distinguish between exfat-utils vs. exfatprogs as Linux v5.7 entered
Debian/unstable.

When I looked at the release/tags page on github:

Can you please offer tar.xz tarballs, please?
Hashes? Like sha256sum
Signing keys? (Signed tarballs?)

Thanks.

Regards,
- Sedat -

* Re: exfatprogs-1.0.3 version released
@ 2020-07-02  4:57     ` Hyunchul Lee
From: Hyunchul Lee @ 2020-07-02  4:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sedat.dilek
	Eric Sandeen, Goldwyn Rodrigues, Nicolas Boos

Hello Sedat,

For v1.0.3 and later releases, we can provide tar.xz tarballs, hashes
and detached signatures.
But is there a reason why hashes are required despite the signature?

We will let you know when it's done.

Thanks.

Regards,
Hyunchul

2020년 6월 30일 (화) 오후 7:16, Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@gmail.com>님이 작성:

@ 2020-07-02  7:29       ` Sedat Dilek
From: Sedat Dilek @ 2020-07-02  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hyunchul Lee

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 6:57 AM Hyunchul Lee <hyc.lee@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Sedat,
>
> For v1.0.3 and later releases, we can provide tar.xz tarballs, hashes
> and detached signatures.
> But is there a reason why hashes are required despite the signature?
>
> We will let you know when it's done.

Hi Hyunchul,

thanks for your feedback and providing tar.xz tarballs.

BTW, Debian uses tar.xz tarballs as default for their packages.

Hashes are for me a way to check if my download was complete and correct.
That is the normal way.
To sign them, too.

Some days ago I downloaded Grml ISO-image.
For ISO-images I see you can verify your download via hashes (sha1,
md5 or better sha256 or sha512).
I had once a Red Hat ISO-Image which did not install correctly.
Checking the ISO-Image via offered hashes revealed it was not
complete/correct downloaded.
That happened once in my life.

I see another topic:
In the Debian world we have now exfat-utils (exfat-fuse based) and no
exfatprogs Debian package.
Some days ago Linux v5.7 entered Debian/testing AMD64 - my preferred distro.
It's still on my todo-list but I have not tested the kernel-side of
exfat-fs implementation.

As said I contacted the Debian maintainer via PM and he is thinking of
taking the maintenance of exfatprogs.
But he did not do a last decision.

You happen to know what other Linux distributions do in this topic?

Thanks.

Regards,
- Sedat -

[0] https://grml.org/download/
[1] https://packages.debian.org/exfat-utils
[2] https://packages.debian.org/exfat-fuse

@ 2020-07-02 12:24         ` Goldwyn Rodrigues
From: Goldwyn Rodrigues @ 2020-07-02 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sedat Dilek
	linux-fsdevel, Eric Sandeen, Nicolas Boos

On  9:29 02/07, Sedat Dilek wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 6:57 AM Hyunchul Lee <hyc.lee@gmail.com> wrote:
> As said I contacted the Debian maintainer via PM and he is thinking of
> taking the maintenance of exfatprogs.
> But he did not do a last decision.
>
> You happen to know what other Linux distributions do in this topic?

Suse has incorporated and backported exfat in Leap 15.2 and SLES 15 SP2.

--
Goldwyn

* Re: exfatprogs-1.0.3 version released
@ 2020-07-19 22:47         ` Sedat Dilek
From: Sedat Dilek @ 2020-07-19 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hyunchul Lee
	Eric Sandeen, Goldwyn Rodrigues, Nicolas Boos, Sven Hoexter

[ CC Sven Hoexter (Debian maintainer of exfatprogs ]

Just wanted to let you know Debian has an exfatprogs package in their
official repositories.

- Sedat -

[1] https://packages.debian.org/sid/exfatprogs
[2] http://sven.stormbind.net/blog/posts/deb_debian_and_exfat/