Linux-Fsdevel Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@gmail.com>
To: Namjae Jeon <namjae.jeon@samsung.com>
	linux-fsdevel@vger.kernel.org, Eric Sandeen <sandeen@sandeen.net>,
	Goldwyn Rodrigues <rgoldwyn@suse.com>,
	Nicolas Boos <nicolas.boos@wanadoo.fr>,
	Hyunchul Lee <hyc.lee@gmail.com>,
	Luca Stefani <luca.stefani.ge1@gmail.com>,
	Matthieu CASTET <castet.matthieu@free.fr>,
	Sven Hoexter <sven@stormbind.net>,
	Ethan Sommer <e5ten.arch@gmail.com>,
	Hyeongseok Kim <hyeongseok@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: exfatprogs-1.0.4 version released
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 11:56:57 +0200

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 9:16 AM Namjae Jeon <namjae.jeon@samsung.com> wrote:

> Hi folk,
>
> In this release, The performance of fsck have been much improved and
> the new option in mkfs have been added to adjust boundary alignment.
>
> As the result below, The fsck performance is improved close to windows's fsck
> and much faster than the one in exfat-utils package.
>
> We measured the performance on Samsung 64GB Pro microSDXC UHS-I Class 10 which
> was filled up to 35GB with 9948 directories and 16506 files.
>
> | Implementation       | version           | execution time (seconds) |
> |--------------------- |-------------------|--------------------------|
> | **exfatprogs fsck**  | 1.0.4             | 11.561                   |
> | Windows fsck         | Windows 10 1809   | 11.449                   |
> | [exfat-fuse fsck]    | 1.3.0             | 68.977                   |

Hi Namjae Jeon (what is your First name and Family name?),

congrats to version 1.0.4 and hope to see it in the Debian repositories soon.

Great numbers for exfatprogs/fsck!

> And we have been preparing to add fsck repair feature in the next version.
> Any feedback is welcome!:)
>
> CHANGES :
>  * fsck.exfat: display sector, cluster, and volume sizes in the human
>    readable format.
>  * fsck.exfat: reduce the elapsed time using read-ahead.
>
> NEW FEATURES :
>  * mkfs.exfat: generate pseudo unique serials while creating filesystems.
>  * mkfs.exfat: add the "-b" option to align the start offset of FAT and
>    data clusters.
>  * fsck.exfat: repair zero-byte files which have the NoFatChain attribute.
>
> BUG FIXES :
>  * Fix memory leaks on error handling paths.
>  * fsck.exfat: fix the bug that cannot access space beyond 2TB.
>
> The git tree is at:
>       https://github.com/exfatprogs/exfatprogs
>
> The tarballs can be found at:
>       https://github.com/exfatprogs/exfatprogs/releases/download/1.0.4/exfatprogs-1.0.4.tar.gz

Just a small nit for the next announcement.
Please point (also) to the tar.xz tarball and maybe to the releases
tag in GitHub.
( Today, I love/prefer to use ZSTD where possible - that is another story. )

Have more fun.

Regards,
- Sedat -

[1] https://github.com/exfatprogs/exfatprogs/releases/download/1.0.4/exfatprogs-1.0.4.tar.xz