On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 6:03 PM, Pavel Machek wrote: > > > We identified the following quality metrics for this algorithm: > > > > 1) Never fails to detect out of space in the front end. > > 2) Always fills a volume to 100% before reporting out of space. > > 3) Allows rm, rmdir and truncate even when a volume is full. > This is definitely nonsense. You can not rm, rmdir and truncate when the volume is full. You will need a free space on disk to perform such operations. Do you know why? M.T. > > Hmm. Can you also overwrite existing data in files when a volume is > full? I guess applications expect that to work.. > > Pavel > -- > (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek > (cesky, pictures) > http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html > -- > To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-fsdevel" in > the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org > More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html >