* [LSF/MM/BPF TOPIC] Memory folios
@ 2021-05-10 17:56 Matthew Wilcox
From: Matthew Wilcox @ 2021-05-10 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lsf-pc, linux-mm, linux-fsdevel

I don't know exactly how much will be left to discuss about supporting
larger memory allocation units in the page cache by December.  In my
ideal world, all the patches I've submitted so far are accepted, I
persuade every filesystem maintainer to convert their own filesystem
and struct page is nothing but a bad memory by December.  In reality,
I'm just not that persuasive.

So, probably some kind of discussion will be worthwhile about
converting the remaining filesystems to use folios, when it's worth
having filesystems opt-in to multi-page folios, what we can do about
buffer-head based filesystems, and so on.

Hopefully we aren't still discussing whether folios are a good idea
or not by then.