Linux-Fsdevel Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / color / Atom feed
* KASAN: use-after-free Read in idr_for_each (2)
@ 2020-10-05  8:56 syzbot
  2020-11-28 17:19 ` syzbot
  2021-04-15 18:28 ` syzbot
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 8+ messages in thread
From: syzbot @ 2020-10-05  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: axboe, io-uring, linux-fsdevel, linux-kernel, syzkaller-bugs, viro

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    472e5b05 pipe: remove pipe_wait() and fix wakeup race with..
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=15ae0d47900000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=89ab6a0c48f30b49
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=12056a09a0311d758e60
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 10.1.0-syz 20200507
userspace arch: i386

Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this issue yet.

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: syzbot+12056a09a0311d758e60@syzkaller.appspotmail.com

==================================================================
BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in radix_tree_next_slot include/linux/radix-tree.h:421 [inline]
BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in idr_for_each+0x206/0x220 lib/idr.c:202
Read of size 8 at addr ffff88804eb9cb30 by task kworker/u4:8/13668

CPU: 1 PID: 13668 Comm: kworker/u4:8 Not tainted 5.9.0-rc7-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Workqueue: events_unbound io_ring_exit_work
Call Trace:
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
 dump_stack+0x198/0x1fd lib/dump_stack.c:118
 print_address_description.constprop.0.cold+0xae/0x497 mm/kasan/report.c:383
 __kasan_report mm/kasan/report.c:513 [inline]
 kasan_report.cold+0x1f/0x37 mm/kasan/report.c:530
 radix_tree_next_slot include/linux/radix-tree.h:421 [inline]
 idr_for_each+0x206/0x220 lib/idr.c:202
 io_destroy_buffers fs/io_uring.c:7889 [inline]
 io_ring_ctx_free fs/io_uring.c:7904 [inline]
 io_ring_exit_work+0x363/0x6d0 fs/io_uring.c:7979
 process_one_work+0x94c/0x1670 kernel/workqueue.c:2269
 worker_thread+0x64c/0x1120 kernel/workqueue.c:2415
 kthread+0x3b5/0x4a0 kernel/kthread.c:292
 ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:294

Allocated by task 17016:
 kasan_save_stack+0x1b/0x40 mm/kasan/common.c:48
 kasan_set_track mm/kasan/common.c:56 [inline]
 __kasan_kmalloc.constprop.0+0xbf/0xd0 mm/kasan/common.c:461
 slab_post_alloc_hook mm/slab.h:518 [inline]
 slab_alloc mm/slab.c:3316 [inline]
 kmem_cache_alloc+0x13a/0x3f0 mm/slab.c:3486
 radix_tree_node_alloc.constprop.0+0x7c/0x350 lib/radix-tree.c:275
 idr_get_free+0x4c5/0x940 lib/radix-tree.c:1505
 idr_alloc_u32+0x170/0x2d0 lib/idr.c:46
 idr_alloc+0xc2/0x130 lib/idr.c:87
 io_provide_buffers fs/io_uring.c:3768 [inline]
 io_issue_sqe+0x48d2/0x5c50 fs/io_uring.c:5906
 __io_queue_sqe+0x280/0x1160 fs/io_uring.c:6178
 io_queue_sqe+0x692/0xfa0 fs/io_uring.c:6257
 io_submit_sqe fs/io_uring.c:6327 [inline]
 io_submit_sqes+0x1759/0x23f0 fs/io_uring.c:6521
 __do_sys_io_uring_enter+0xeac/0x1bd0 fs/io_uring.c:8349
 do_syscall_32_irqs_on arch/x86/entry/common.c:78 [inline]
 __do_fast_syscall_32+0x60/0x90 arch/x86/entry/common.c:137
 do_fast_syscall_32+0x2f/0x70 arch/x86/entry/common.c:160
 entry_SYSENTER_compat_after_hwframe+0x4d/0x5c

Freed by task 16:
 kasan_save_stack+0x1b/0x40 mm/kasan/common.c:48
 kasan_set_track+0x1c/0x30 mm/kasan/common.c:56
 kasan_set_free_info+0x1b/0x30 mm/kasan/generic.c:355
 __kasan_slab_free+0xd8/0x120 mm/kasan/common.c:422
 __cache_free mm/slab.c:3422 [inline]
 kmem_cache_free.part.0+0x74/0x1e0 mm/slab.c:3697
 rcu_do_batch kernel/rcu/tree.c:2430 [inline]
 rcu_core+0x5ca/0x1130 kernel/rcu/tree.c:2658
 __do_softirq+0x1f8/0xb23 kernel/softirq.c:298

Last call_rcu():
 kasan_save_stack+0x1b/0x40 mm/kasan/common.c:48
 kasan_record_aux_stack+0x82/0xb0 mm/kasan/generic.c:346
 __call_rcu kernel/rcu/tree.c:2896 [inline]
 call_rcu+0x15e/0x7c0 kernel/rcu/tree.c:2970
 radix_tree_node_free lib/radix-tree.c:309 [inline]
 delete_node+0x591/0x8c0 lib/radix-tree.c:572
 __radix_tree_delete+0x190/0x370 lib/radix-tree.c:1378
 radix_tree_delete_item+0xe7/0x230 lib/radix-tree.c:1429
 __io_remove_buffers fs/io_uring.c:3666 [inline]
 __io_remove_buffers fs/io_uring.c:3645 [inline]
 __io_destroy_buffers+0x161/0x200 fs/io_uring.c:7883
 idr_for_each+0x113/0x220 lib/idr.c:208
 io_destroy_buffers fs/io_uring.c:7889 [inline]
 io_ring_ctx_free fs/io_uring.c:7904 [inline]
 io_ring_exit_work+0x363/0x6d0 fs/io_uring.c:7979
 process_one_work+0x94c/0x1670 kernel/workqueue.c:2269
 worker_thread+0x64c/0x1120 kernel/workqueue.c:2415
 kthread+0x3b5/0x4a0 kernel/kthread.c:292
 ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:294

Second to last call_rcu():
 kasan_save_stack+0x1b/0x40 mm/kasan/common.c:48
 kasan_record_aux_stack+0x82/0xb0 mm/kasan/generic.c:346
 __call_rcu kernel/rcu/tree.c:2896 [inline]
 call_rcu+0x15e/0x7c0 kernel/rcu/tree.c:2970
 radix_tree_node_free lib/radix-tree.c:309 [inline]
 radix_tree_shrink lib/radix-tree.c:535 [inline]
 delete_node+0x37a/0x8c0 lib/radix-tree.c:553
 __radix_tree_delete+0x190/0x370 lib/radix-tree.c:1378
 radix_tree_delete_item+0xe7/0x230 lib/radix-tree.c:1429
 free_pid+0xa1/0x260 kernel/pid.c:151
 __change_pid+0x1c7/0x2d0 kernel/pid.c:352
 __unhash_process kernel/exit.c:77 [inline]
 __exit_signal kernel/exit.c:147 [inline]
 release_task+0xd29/0x14d0 kernel/exit.c:198
 wait_task_zombie kernel/exit.c:1088 [inline]
 wait_consider_task+0x2fd2/0x3b70 kernel/exit.c:1315
 do_wait_thread kernel/exit.c:1378 [inline]
 do_wait+0x376/0xa00 kernel/exit.c:1449
 kernel_wait4+0x14c/0x260 kernel/exit.c:1621
 do_syscall_32_irqs_on arch/x86/entry/common.c:78 [inline]
 __do_fast_syscall_32+0x60/0x90 arch/x86/entry/common.c:137
 do_fast_syscall_32+0x2f/0x70 arch/x86/entry/common.c:160
 entry_SYSENTER_compat_after_hwframe+0x4d/0x5c

The buggy address belongs to the object at ffff88804eb9cb00
 which belongs to the cache radix_tree_node of size 576
The buggy address is located 48 bytes inside of
 576-byte region [ffff88804eb9cb00, ffff88804eb9cd40)
The buggy address belongs to the page:
page:00000000a35d3b6e refcount:1 mapcount:0 mapping:0000000000000000 index:0xffff88804eb9cffb pfn:0x4eb9c
flags: 0xfffe0000000200(slab)
raw: 00fffe0000000200 ffffea00013ab388 ffffea0002927748 ffff8880aa06f000
raw: ffff88804eb9cffb ffff88804eb9c000 0000000100000005 0000000000000000
page dumped because: kasan: bad access detected

Memory state around the buggy address:
 ffff88804eb9ca00: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
 ffff88804eb9ca80: fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc
>ffff88804eb9cb00: fa fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
                                     ^
 ffff88804eb9cb80: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
 ffff88804eb9cc00: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
==================================================================


---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at syzkaller@googlegroups.com.

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 8+ messages in thread

* Re: KASAN: use-after-free Read in idr_for_each (2)
  2020-10-05  8:56 KASAN: use-after-free Read in idr_for_each (2) syzbot
@ 2020-11-28 17:19 ` syzbot
  2020-12-18 15:43   ` Pavel Begunkov
  2021-04-15 18:28 ` syzbot
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 8+ messages in thread
From: syzbot @ 2020-11-28 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: axboe, io-uring, linux-fsdevel, linux-kernel, syzkaller-bugs, viro

syzbot has found a reproducer for the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    c84e1efa Merge tag 'asm-generic-fixes-5.10-2' of git://git..
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=1251d759500000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=cb8d1a3819ba4356
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=12056a09a0311d758e60
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 10.1.0-syz 20200507
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=1126cce9500000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=1173d2e9500000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: syzbot+12056a09a0311d758e60@syzkaller.appspotmail.com

==================================================================
BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in radix_tree_next_slot include/linux/radix-tree.h:422 [inline]
BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in idr_for_each+0x206/0x220 lib/idr.c:202
Read of size 8 at addr ffff888032eb2c40 by task kworker/u4:4/186

CPU: 1 PID: 186 Comm: kworker/u4:4 Not tainted 5.10.0-rc5-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Workqueue: events_unbound io_ring_exit_work
Call Trace:
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
 dump_stack+0x107/0x163 lib/dump_stack.c:118
 print_address_description.constprop.0.cold+0xae/0x4c8 mm/kasan/report.c:385
 __kasan_report mm/kasan/report.c:545 [inline]
 kasan_report.cold+0x1f/0x37 mm/kasan/report.c:562
 radix_tree_next_slot include/linux/radix-tree.h:422 [inline]
 idr_for_each+0x206/0x220 lib/idr.c:202
 io_destroy_buffers fs/io_uring.c:8275 [inline]
 io_ring_ctx_free fs/io_uring.c:8298 [inline]
 io_ring_exit_work+0x3f7/0x7a0 fs/io_uring.c:8375
 process_one_work+0x933/0x15a0 kernel/workqueue.c:2272
 worker_thread+0x64c/0x1120 kernel/workqueue.c:2418
 kthread+0x3b1/0x4a0 kernel/kthread.c:292
 ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:296

Allocated by task 10961:
 kasan_save_stack+0x1b/0x40 mm/kasan/common.c:48
 kasan_set_track mm/kasan/common.c:56 [inline]
 __kasan_kmalloc.constprop.0+0xc2/0xd0 mm/kasan/common.c:461
 slab_post_alloc_hook mm/slab.h:526 [inline]
 slab_alloc_node mm/slub.c:2891 [inline]
 slab_alloc mm/slub.c:2899 [inline]
 kmem_cache_alloc+0x122/0x460 mm/slub.c:2904
 radix_tree_node_alloc.constprop.0+0x7c/0x350 lib/radix-tree.c:274
 idr_get_free+0x4c5/0x940 lib/radix-tree.c:1504
 idr_alloc_u32+0x170/0x2d0 lib/idr.c:46
 idr_alloc+0xc2/0x130 lib/idr.c:87
 io_provide_buffers fs/io_uring.c:4032 [inline]
 io_issue_sqe+0x2fc4/0x3d10 fs/io_uring.c:6012
 __io_queue_sqe+0x132/0xda0 fs/io_uring.c:6232
 io_queue_sqe+0x623/0x11f0 fs/io_uring.c:6298
 io_submit_sqe fs/io_uring.c:6367 [inline]
 io_submit_sqes+0x15e1/0x28a0 fs/io_uring.c:6596
 __do_sys_io_uring_enter+0xc90/0x1ab0 fs/io_uring.c:8983
 do_syscall_64+0x2d/0x70 arch/x86/entry/common.c:46
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9

Freed by task 8546:
 kasan_save_stack+0x1b/0x40 mm/kasan/common.c:48
 kasan_set_track+0x1c/0x30 mm/kasan/common.c:56
 kasan_set_free_info+0x1b/0x30 mm/kasan/generic.c:355
 __kasan_slab_free+0x102/0x140 mm/kasan/common.c:422
 slab_free_hook mm/slub.c:1544 [inline]
 slab_free_freelist_hook+0x5d/0x150 mm/slub.c:1577
 slab_free mm/slub.c:3142 [inline]
 kmem_cache_free+0x82/0x350 mm/slub.c:3158
 rcu_do_batch kernel/rcu/tree.c:2476 [inline]
 rcu_core+0x5df/0xe80 kernel/rcu/tree.c:2711
 __do_softirq+0x2a0/0x9f6 kernel/softirq.c:298

Last call_rcu():
 kasan_save_stack+0x1b/0x40 mm/kasan/common.c:48
 kasan_record_aux_stack+0xc0/0xf0 mm/kasan/generic.c:346
 __call_rcu kernel/rcu/tree.c:2953 [inline]
 call_rcu+0xbb/0x700 kernel/rcu/tree.c:3027
 radix_tree_node_free lib/radix-tree.c:308 [inline]
 delete_node+0x591/0x8c0 lib/radix-tree.c:571
 __radix_tree_delete+0x190/0x370 lib/radix-tree.c:1377
 radix_tree_delete_item+0xe7/0x230 lib/radix-tree.c:1428
 __io_remove_buffers fs/io_uring.c:3930 [inline]
 __io_remove_buffers fs/io_uring.c:3909 [inline]
 __io_destroy_buffers+0x161/0x200 fs/io_uring.c:8269
 idr_for_each+0x113/0x220 lib/idr.c:208
 io_destroy_buffers fs/io_uring.c:8275 [inline]
 io_ring_ctx_free fs/io_uring.c:8298 [inline]
 io_ring_exit_work+0x3f7/0x7a0 fs/io_uring.c:8375
 process_one_work+0x933/0x15a0 kernel/workqueue.c:2272
 worker_thread+0x64c/0x1120 kernel/workqueue.c:2418
 kthread+0x3b1/0x4a0 kernel/kthread.c:292
 ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:296

The buggy address belongs to the object at ffff888032eb2c00
 which belongs to the cache radix_tree_node of size 576
The buggy address is located 64 bytes inside of
 576-byte region [ffff888032eb2c00, ffff888032eb2e40)
The buggy address belongs to the page:
page:00000000102f3139 refcount:1 mapcount:0 mapping:0000000000000000 index:0x0 pfn:0x32eb0
head:00000000102f3139 order:2 compound_mapcount:0 compound_pincount:0
flags: 0xfff00000010200(slab|head)
raw: 00fff00000010200 dead000000000100 dead000000000122 ffff88801004db40
raw: 0000000000000000 0000000000170017 00000001ffffffff 0000000000000000
page dumped because: kasan: bad access detected

Memory state around the buggy address:
 ffff888032eb2b00: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
 ffff888032eb2b80: fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc
>ffff888032eb2c00: fa fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
                                           ^
 ffff888032eb2c80: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
 ffff888032eb2d00: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
==================================================================


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 8+ messages in thread

* Re: KASAN: use-after-free Read in idr_for_each (2)
  2020-11-28 17:19 ` syzbot
@ 2020-12-18 15:43   ` Pavel Begunkov
  2020-12-18 16:44     ` syzbot
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 8+ messages in thread
From: Pavel Begunkov @ 2020-12-18 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: syzbot; +Cc: axboe, io-uring, linux-fsdevel, linux-kernel, syzkaller-bugs, viro

On 28/11/2020 17:19, syzbot wrote:
> syzbot has found a reproducer for the following issue on:
> 
> HEAD commit:    c84e1efa Merge tag 'asm-generic-fixes-5.10-2' of git://git..
> git tree:       upstream
> console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=1251d759500000
> kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=cb8d1a3819ba4356
> dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=12056a09a0311d758e60
> compiler:       gcc (GCC) 10.1.0-syz 20200507
> syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=1126cce9500000
> C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=1173d2e9500000
> 
> IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
> Reported-by: syzbot+12056a09a0311d758e60@syzkaller.appspotmail.com
> 
> ==================================================================
> BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in radix_tree_next_slot include/linux/radix-tree.h:422 [inline]
> BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in idr_for_each+0x206/0x220 lib/idr.c:202
> Read of size 8 at addr ffff888032eb2c40 by task kworker/u4:4/186
> 
> CPU: 1 PID: 186 Comm: kworker/u4:4 Not tainted 5.10.0-rc5-syzkaller #0
> Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
> Workqueue: events_unbound io_ring_exit_work
> Call Trace:
>  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
>  dump_stack+0x107/0x163 lib/dump_stack.c:118
>  print_address_description.constprop.0.cold+0xae/0x4c8 mm/kasan/report.c:385
>  __kasan_report mm/kasan/report.c:545 [inline]
>  kasan_report.cold+0x1f/0x37 mm/kasan/report.c:562
>  radix_tree_next_slot include/linux/radix-tree.h:422 [inline]
>  idr_for_each+0x206/0x220 lib/idr.c:202
>  io_destroy_buffers fs/io_uring.c:8275 [inline]
>  io_ring_ctx_free fs/io_uring.c:8298 [inline]
>  io_ring_exit_work+0x3f7/0x7a0 fs/io_uring.c:8375
>  process_one_work+0x933/0x15a0 kernel/workqueue.c:2272
>  worker_thread+0x64c/0x1120 kernel/workqueue.c:2418
>  kthread+0x3b1/0x4a0 kernel/kthread.c:292
>  ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:296
> 
> Allocated by task 10961:
>  kasan_save_stack+0x1b/0x40 mm/kasan/common.c:48
>  kasan_set_track mm/kasan/common.c:56 [inline]
>  __kasan_kmalloc.constprop.0+0xc2/0xd0 mm/kasan/common.c:461
>  slab_post_alloc_hook mm/slab.h:526 [inline]
>  slab_alloc_node mm/slub.c:2891 [inline]
>  slab_alloc mm/slub.c:2899 [inline]
>  kmem_cache_alloc+0x122/0x460 mm/slub.c:2904
>  radix_tree_node_alloc.constprop.0+0x7c/0x350 lib/radix-tree.c:274
>  idr_get_free+0x4c5/0x940 lib/radix-tree.c:1504
>  idr_alloc_u32+0x170/0x2d0 lib/idr.c:46
>  idr_alloc+0xc2/0x130 lib/idr.c:87
>  io_provide_buffers fs/io_uring.c:4032 [inline]
>  io_issue_sqe+0x2fc4/0x3d10 fs/io_uring.c:6012
>  __io_queue_sqe+0x132/0xda0 fs/io_uring.c:6232
>  io_queue_sqe+0x623/0x11f0 fs/io_uring.c:6298
>  io_submit_sqe fs/io_uring.c:6367 [inline]
>  io_submit_sqes+0x15e1/0x28a0 fs/io_uring.c:6596
>  __do_sys_io_uring_enter+0xc90/0x1ab0 fs/io_uring.c:8983
>  do_syscall_64+0x2d/0x70 arch/x86/entry/common.c:46
>  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9
> 
> Freed by task 8546:
>  kasan_save_stack+0x1b/0x40 mm/kasan/common.c:48
>  kasan_set_track+0x1c/0x30 mm/kasan/common.c:56
>  kasan_set_free_info+0x1b/0x30 mm/kasan/generic.c:355
>  __kasan_slab_free+0x102/0x140 mm/kasan/common.c:422
>  slab_free_hook mm/slub.c:1544 [inline]
>  slab_free_freelist_hook+0x5d/0x150 mm/slub.c:1577
>  slab_free mm/slub.c:3142 [inline]
>  kmem_cache_free+0x82/0x350 mm/slub.c:3158
>  rcu_do_batch kernel/rcu/tree.c:2476 [inline]
>  rcu_core+0x5df/0xe80 kernel/rcu/tree.c:2711
>  __do_softirq+0x2a0/0x9f6 kernel/softirq.c:298
> 
> Last call_rcu():
>  kasan_save_stack+0x1b/0x40 mm/kasan/common.c:48
>  kasan_record_aux_stack+0xc0/0xf0 mm/kasan/generic.c:346
>  __call_rcu kernel/rcu/tree.c:2953 [inline]
>  call_rcu+0xbb/0x700 kernel/rcu/tree.c:3027
>  radix_tree_node_free lib/radix-tree.c:308 [inline]
>  delete_node+0x591/0x8c0 lib/radix-tree.c:571
>  __radix_tree_delete+0x190/0x370 lib/radix-tree.c:1377
>  radix_tree_delete_item+0xe7/0x230 lib/radix-tree.c:1428
>  __io_remove_buffers fs/io_uring.c:3930 [inline]
>  __io_remove_buffers fs/io_uring.c:3909 [inline]
>  __io_destroy_buffers+0x161/0x200 fs/io_uring.c:8269
>  idr_for_each+0x113/0x220 lib/idr.c:208
>  io_destroy_buffers fs/io_uring.c:8275 [inline]
>  io_ring_ctx_free fs/io_uring.c:8298 [inline]
>  io_ring_exit_work+0x3f7/0x7a0 fs/io_uring.c:8375
>  process_one_work+0x933/0x15a0 kernel/workqueue.c:2272
>  worker_thread+0x64c/0x1120 kernel/workqueue.c:2418
>  kthread+0x3b1/0x4a0 kernel/kthread.c:292
>  ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:296
> 
> The buggy address belongs to the object at ffff888032eb2c00
>  which belongs to the cache radix_tree_node of size 576
> The buggy address is located 64 bytes inside of
>  576-byte region [ffff888032eb2c00, ffff888032eb2e40)
> The buggy address belongs to the page:
> page:00000000102f3139 refcount:1 mapcount:0 mapping:0000000000000000 index:0x0 pfn:0x32eb0
> head:00000000102f3139 order:2 compound_mapcount:0 compound_pincount:0
> flags: 0xfff00000010200(slab|head)
> raw: 00fff00000010200 dead000000000100 dead000000000122 ffff88801004db40
> raw: 0000000000000000 0000000000170017 00000001ffffffff 0000000000000000
> page dumped because: kasan: bad access detected
> 
> Memory state around the buggy address:
>  ffff888032eb2b00: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
>  ffff888032eb2b80: fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc
>> ffff888032eb2c00: fa fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
>                                            ^
>  ffff888032eb2c80: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
>  ffff888032eb2d00: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
> ==================================================================
> 

#syz test: git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block dfea9fce29fda6f2f91161677e0e0d9b671bc099

-- 
Pavel Begunkov

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 8+ messages in thread

* Re: KASAN: use-after-free Read in idr_for_each (2)
  2020-12-18 15:43   ` Pavel Begunkov
@ 2020-12-18 16:44     ` syzbot
  2021-03-19 10:38       ` Pavel Begunkov
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 8+ messages in thread
From: syzbot @ 2020-12-18 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: asml.silence, axboe, io-uring, linux-fsdevel, linux-kernel,
	syzkaller-bugs, viro

Hello,

syzbot has tested the proposed patch but the reproducer is still triggering an issue:
KASAN: use-after-free Read in idr_for_each

==================================================================
BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in radix_tree_next_slot include/linux/radix-tree.h:422 [inline]
BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in idr_for_each+0x206/0x220 lib/idr.c:202
Read of size 8 at addr ffff888042e76040 by task kworker/u4:5/3340

CPU: 0 PID: 3340 Comm: kworker/u4:5 Not tainted 5.10.0-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Workqueue: events_unbound io_ring_exit_work
Call Trace:
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:79 [inline]
 dump_stack+0x107/0x163 lib/dump_stack.c:120
 print_address_description.constprop.0.cold+0xae/0x4c8 mm/kasan/report.c:385
 __kasan_report mm/kasan/report.c:545 [inline]
 kasan_report.cold+0x1f/0x37 mm/kasan/report.c:562
 radix_tree_next_slot include/linux/radix-tree.h:422 [inline]
 idr_for_each+0x206/0x220 lib/idr.c:202
 io_destroy_buffers fs/io_uring.c:8541 [inline]
 io_ring_ctx_free fs/io_uring.c:8564 [inline]
 io_ring_exit_work+0x394/0x730 fs/io_uring.c:8639
 process_one_work+0x98d/0x1630 kernel/workqueue.c:2275
 worker_thread+0x64c/0x1120 kernel/workqueue.c:2421
 kthread+0x3b1/0x4a0 kernel/kthread.c:292
 ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:296

Allocated by task 28625:
 kasan_save_stack+0x1b/0x40 mm/kasan/common.c:48
 kasan_set_track mm/kasan/common.c:56 [inline]
 __kasan_kmalloc.constprop.0+0xc2/0xd0 mm/kasan/common.c:461
 slab_post_alloc_hook mm/slab.h:512 [inline]
 slab_alloc_node mm/slub.c:2889 [inline]
 slab_alloc mm/slub.c:2897 [inline]
 kmem_cache_alloc+0x145/0x350 mm/slub.c:2902
 radix_tree_node_alloc.constprop.0+0x7c/0x350 lib/radix-tree.c:274
 idr_get_free+0x554/0xa60 lib/radix-tree.c:1504
 idr_alloc_u32+0x170/0x2d0 lib/idr.c:46
 idr_alloc+0xc2/0x130 lib/idr.c:87
 io_provide_buffers fs/io_uring.c:4230 [inline]
 io_issue_sqe+0x3681/0x44e0 fs/io_uring.c:6264
 __io_queue_sqe+0x228/0x1120 fs/io_uring.c:6477
 io_queue_sqe+0x631/0x10f0 fs/io_uring.c:6543
 io_submit_sqe fs/io_uring.c:6616 [inline]
 io_submit_sqes+0x135a/0x2530 fs/io_uring.c:6864
 __do_sys_io_uring_enter+0x591/0x1c00 fs/io_uring.c:9174
 do_syscall_64+0x2d/0x70 arch/x86/entry/common.c:46
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9

Freed by task 8890:
 kasan_save_stack+0x1b/0x40 mm/kasan/common.c:48
 kasan_set_track+0x1c/0x30 mm/kasan/common.c:56
 kasan_set_free_info+0x1b/0x30 mm/kasan/generic.c:352
 __kasan_slab_free+0x102/0x140 mm/kasan/common.c:422
 slab_free_hook mm/slub.c:1544 [inline]
 slab_free_freelist_hook+0x5d/0x150 mm/slub.c:1577
 slab_free mm/slub.c:3140 [inline]
 kmem_cache_free+0x82/0x360 mm/slub.c:3156
 rcu_do_batch kernel/rcu/tree.c:2489 [inline]
 rcu_core+0x75d/0xf80 kernel/rcu/tree.c:2723
 __do_softirq+0x2bc/0xa77 kernel/softirq.c:343

Last potentially related work creation:
 kasan_save_stack+0x1b/0x40 mm/kasan/common.c:48
 kasan_record_aux_stack+0xc0/0xf0 mm/kasan/generic.c:343
 __call_rcu kernel/rcu/tree.c:2965 [inline]
 call_rcu+0xbb/0x710 kernel/rcu/tree.c:3038
 radix_tree_node_free lib/radix-tree.c:308 [inline]
 delete_node+0x591/0x8c0 lib/radix-tree.c:571
 __radix_tree_delete+0x190/0x370 lib/radix-tree.c:1377
 radix_tree_delete_item+0xe7/0x230 lib/radix-tree.c:1428
 __io_remove_buffers fs/io_uring.c:4122 [inline]
 __io_remove_buffers fs/io_uring.c:4101 [inline]
 __io_destroy_buffers+0x161/0x200 fs/io_uring.c:8535
 idr_for_each+0x113/0x220 lib/idr.c:208
 io_destroy_buffers fs/io_uring.c:8541 [inline]
 io_ring_ctx_free fs/io_uring.c:8564 [inline]
 io_ring_exit_work+0x394/0x730 fs/io_uring.c:8639
 process_one_work+0x98d/0x1630 kernel/workqueue.c:2275
 worker_thread+0x64c/0x1120 kernel/workqueue.c:2421
 kthread+0x3b1/0x4a0 kernel/kthread.c:292
 ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:296

Second to last potentially related work creation:
 kasan_save_stack+0x1b/0x40 mm/kasan/common.c:48
 kasan_record_aux_stack+0xc0/0xf0 mm/kasan/generic.c:343
 __call_rcu kernel/rcu/tree.c:2965 [inline]
 call_rcu+0xbb/0x710 kernel/rcu/tree.c:3038
 xa_node_free lib/xarray.c:258 [inline]
 xas_delete_node lib/xarray.c:494 [inline]
 update_node lib/xarray.c:756 [inline]
 xas_store+0xbeb/0x1c10 lib/xarray.c:841
 __xa_erase lib/xarray.c:1489 [inline]
 xa_erase+0xb0/0x170 lib/xarray.c:1510
 io_uring_del_task_file fs/io_uring.c:8889 [inline]
 __io_uring_files_cancel+0xdbf/0x1550 fs/io_uring.c:8925
 io_uring_files_cancel include/linux/io_uring.h:51 [inline]
 exit_files+0xe4/0x170 fs/file.c:431
 do_exit+0xb4f/0x2a00 kernel/exit.c:818
 do_group_exit+0x125/0x310 kernel/exit.c:920
 get_signal+0x3e9/0x2160 kernel/signal.c:2770
 arch_do_signal_or_restart+0x2a8/0x1eb0 arch/x86/kernel/signal.c:811
 handle_signal_work kernel/entry/common.c:147 [inline]
 exit_to_user_mode_loop kernel/entry/common.c:171 [inline]
 exit_to_user_mode_prepare+0x124/0x200 kernel/entry/common.c:201
 __syscall_exit_to_user_mode_work kernel/entry/common.c:291 [inline]
 syscall_exit_to_user_mode+0x19/0x50 kernel/entry/common.c:302
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9

The buggy address belongs to the object at ffff888042e76000
 which belongs to the cache radix_tree_node of size 576
The buggy address is located 64 bytes inside of
 576-byte region [ffff888042e76000, ffff888042e76240)
The buggy address belongs to the page:
page:0000000090e8be83 refcount:1 mapcount:0 mapping:0000000000000000 index:0x0 pfn:0x42e76
head:0000000090e8be83 order:1 compound_mapcount:0
flags: 0xfff00000010200(slab|head)
raw: 00fff00000010200 dead000000000100 dead000000000122 ffff88801084db40
raw: ffff888042e76580 00000000800b000a 00000001ffffffff 0000000000000000
page dumped because: kasan: bad access detected

Memory state around the buggy address:
 ffff888042e75f00: fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc
 ffff888042e75f80: fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc
>ffff888042e76000: fa fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
                                           ^
 ffff888042e76080: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
 ffff888042e76100: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
==================================================================


Tested on:

commit:         dfea9fce io_uring: close a small race gap for files cancel
git tree:       git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=1263a46b500000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=4db50a97037d9f3e
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=12056a09a0311d758e60
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 10.1.0-syz 20200507


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 8+ messages in thread

* Re: KASAN: use-after-free Read in idr_for_each (2)
  2020-12-18 16:44     ` syzbot
@ 2021-03-19 10:38       ` Pavel Begunkov
  2021-03-19 11:02         ` [syzbot] " syzbot
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 8+ messages in thread
From: Pavel Begunkov @ 2021-03-19 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: syzbot, axboe, io-uring, linux-fsdevel, linux-kernel,
	syzkaller-bugs, viro

On 18/12/2020 16:44, syzbot wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> syzbot has tested the proposed patch but the reproducer is still triggering an issue:
> KASAN: use-after-free Read in idr_for_each

#syz test: git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block io_uring-5.12

> 
> ==================================================================
> BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in radix_tree_next_slot include/linux/radix-tree.h:422 [inline]
> BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in idr_for_each+0x206/0x220 lib/idr.c:202
> Read of size 8 at addr ffff888042e76040 by task kworker/u4:5/3340
> 
> CPU: 0 PID: 3340 Comm: kworker/u4:5 Not tainted 5.10.0-syzkaller #0
> Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
> Workqueue: events_unbound io_ring_exit_work
> Call Trace:
>  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:79 [inline]
>  dump_stack+0x107/0x163 lib/dump_stack.c:120
>  print_address_description.constprop.0.cold+0xae/0x4c8 mm/kasan/report.c:385
>  __kasan_report mm/kasan/report.c:545 [inline]
>  kasan_report.cold+0x1f/0x37 mm/kasan/report.c:562
>  radix_tree_next_slot include/linux/radix-tree.h:422 [inline]
>  idr_for_each+0x206/0x220 lib/idr.c:202
>  io_destroy_buffers fs/io_uring.c:8541 [inline]
>  io_ring_ctx_free fs/io_uring.c:8564 [inline]
>  io_ring_exit_work+0x394/0x730 fs/io_uring.c:8639
>  process_one_work+0x98d/0x1630 kernel/workqueue.c:2275
>  worker_thread+0x64c/0x1120 kernel/workqueue.c:2421
>  kthread+0x3b1/0x4a0 kernel/kthread.c:292
>  ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:296
> 
> Allocated by task 28625:
>  kasan_save_stack+0x1b/0x40 mm/kasan/common.c:48
>  kasan_set_track mm/kasan/common.c:56 [inline]
>  __kasan_kmalloc.constprop.0+0xc2/0xd0 mm/kasan/common.c:461
>  slab_post_alloc_hook mm/slab.h:512 [inline]
>  slab_alloc_node mm/slub.c:2889 [inline]
>  slab_alloc mm/slub.c:2897 [inline]
>  kmem_cache_alloc+0x145/0x350 mm/slub.c:2902
>  radix_tree_node_alloc.constprop.0+0x7c/0x350 lib/radix-tree.c:274
>  idr_get_free+0x554/0xa60 lib/radix-tree.c:1504
>  idr_alloc_u32+0x170/0x2d0 lib/idr.c:46
>  idr_alloc+0xc2/0x130 lib/idr.c:87
>  io_provide_buffers fs/io_uring.c:4230 [inline]
>  io_issue_sqe+0x3681/0x44e0 fs/io_uring.c:6264
>  __io_queue_sqe+0x228/0x1120 fs/io_uring.c:6477
>  io_queue_sqe+0x631/0x10f0 fs/io_uring.c:6543
>  io_submit_sqe fs/io_uring.c:6616 [inline]
>  io_submit_sqes+0x135a/0x2530 fs/io_uring.c:6864
>  __do_sys_io_uring_enter+0x591/0x1c00 fs/io_uring.c:9174
>  do_syscall_64+0x2d/0x70 arch/x86/entry/common.c:46
>  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9
> 
> Freed by task 8890:
>  kasan_save_stack+0x1b/0x40 mm/kasan/common.c:48
>  kasan_set_track+0x1c/0x30 mm/kasan/common.c:56
>  kasan_set_free_info+0x1b/0x30 mm/kasan/generic.c:352
>  __kasan_slab_free+0x102/0x140 mm/kasan/common.c:422
>  slab_free_hook mm/slub.c:1544 [inline]
>  slab_free_freelist_hook+0x5d/0x150 mm/slub.c:1577
>  slab_free mm/slub.c:3140 [inline]
>  kmem_cache_free+0x82/0x360 mm/slub.c:3156
>  rcu_do_batch kernel/rcu/tree.c:2489 [inline]
>  rcu_core+0x75d/0xf80 kernel/rcu/tree.c:2723
>  __do_softirq+0x2bc/0xa77 kernel/softirq.c:343
> 
> Last potentially related work creation:
>  kasan_save_stack+0x1b/0x40 mm/kasan/common.c:48
>  kasan_record_aux_stack+0xc0/0xf0 mm/kasan/generic.c:343
>  __call_rcu kernel/rcu/tree.c:2965 [inline]
>  call_rcu+0xbb/0x710 kernel/rcu/tree.c:3038
>  radix_tree_node_free lib/radix-tree.c:308 [inline]
>  delete_node+0x591/0x8c0 lib/radix-tree.c:571
>  __radix_tree_delete+0x190/0x370 lib/radix-tree.c:1377
>  radix_tree_delete_item+0xe7/0x230 lib/radix-tree.c:1428
>  __io_remove_buffers fs/io_uring.c:4122 [inline]
>  __io_remove_buffers fs/io_uring.c:4101 [inline]
>  __io_destroy_buffers+0x161/0x200 fs/io_uring.c:8535
>  idr_for_each+0x113/0x220 lib/idr.c:208
>  io_destroy_buffers fs/io_uring.c:8541 [inline]
>  io_ring_ctx_free fs/io_uring.c:8564 [inline]
>  io_ring_exit_work+0x394/0x730 fs/io_uring.c:8639
>  process_one_work+0x98d/0x1630 kernel/workqueue.c:2275
>  worker_thread+0x64c/0x1120 kernel/workqueue.c:2421
>  kthread+0x3b1/0x4a0 kernel/kthread.c:292
>  ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:296
> 
> Second to last potentially related work creation:
>  kasan_save_stack+0x1b/0x40 mm/kasan/common.c:48
>  kasan_record_aux_stack+0xc0/0xf0 mm/kasan/generic.c:343
>  __call_rcu kernel/rcu/tree.c:2965 [inline]
>  call_rcu+0xbb/0x710 kernel/rcu/tree.c:3038
>  xa_node_free lib/xarray.c:258 [inline]
>  xas_delete_node lib/xarray.c:494 [inline]
>  update_node lib/xarray.c:756 [inline]
>  xas_store+0xbeb/0x1c10 lib/xarray.c:841
>  __xa_erase lib/xarray.c:1489 [inline]
>  xa_erase+0xb0/0x170 lib/xarray.c:1510
>  io_uring_del_task_file fs/io_uring.c:8889 [inline]
>  __io_uring_files_cancel+0xdbf/0x1550 fs/io_uring.c:8925
>  io_uring_files_cancel include/linux/io_uring.h:51 [inline]
>  exit_files+0xe4/0x170 fs/file.c:431
>  do_exit+0xb4f/0x2a00 kernel/exit.c:818
>  do_group_exit+0x125/0x310 kernel/exit.c:920
>  get_signal+0x3e9/0x2160 kernel/signal.c:2770
>  arch_do_signal_or_restart+0x2a8/0x1eb0 arch/x86/kernel/signal.c:811
>  handle_signal_work kernel/entry/common.c:147 [inline]
>  exit_to_user_mode_loop kernel/entry/common.c:171 [inline]
>  exit_to_user_mode_prepare+0x124/0x200 kernel/entry/common.c:201
>  __syscall_exit_to_user_mode_work kernel/entry/common.c:291 [inline]
>  syscall_exit_to_user_mode+0x19/0x50 kernel/entry/common.c:302
>  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9
> 
> The buggy address belongs to the object at ffff888042e76000
>  which belongs to the cache radix_tree_node of size 576
> The buggy address is located 64 bytes inside of
>  576-byte region [ffff888042e76000, ffff888042e76240)
> The buggy address belongs to the page:
> page:0000000090e8be83 refcount:1 mapcount:0 mapping:0000000000000000 index:0x0 pfn:0x42e76
> head:0000000090e8be83 order:1 compound_mapcount:0
> flags: 0xfff00000010200(slab|head)
> raw: 00fff00000010200 dead000000000100 dead000000000122 ffff88801084db40
> raw: ffff888042e76580 00000000800b000a 00000001ffffffff 0000000000000000
> page dumped because: kasan: bad access detected
> 
> Memory state around the buggy address:
>  ffff888042e75f00: fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc
>  ffff888042e75f80: fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc
>> ffff888042e76000: fa fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
>                                            ^
>  ffff888042e76080: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
>  ffff888042e76100: fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb fb
> ==================================================================
> 
> 
> Tested on:
> 
> commit:         dfea9fce io_uring: close a small race gap for files cancel
> git tree:       git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block
> console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=1263a46b500000
> kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=4db50a97037d9f3e
> dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=12056a09a0311d758e60
> compiler:       gcc (GCC) 10.1.0-syz 20200507
> 

-- 
Pavel Begunkov

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 8+ messages in thread

* Re: [syzbot] KASAN: use-after-free Read in idr_for_each (2)
  2021-03-19 10:38       ` Pavel Begunkov
@ 2021-03-19 11:02         ` syzbot
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 8+ messages in thread
From: syzbot @ 2021-03-19 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: asml.silence, axboe, io-uring, linux-fsdevel, linux-kernel,
	syzkaller-bugs, viro

Hello,

syzbot has tested the proposed patch and the reproducer did not trigger any issue:

Reported-and-tested-by: syzbot+12056a09a0311d758e60@syzkaller.appspotmail.com

Tested on:

commit:         ece5fae7 io_uring: don't leak creds on SQO attach error
git tree:       git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block io_uring-5.12
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=28f8268e740d48dd
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=12056a09a0311d758e60
compiler:       

Note: testing is done by a robot and is best-effort only.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 8+ messages in thread

* Re: [syzbot] KASAN: use-after-free Read in idr_for_each (2)
  2020-10-05  8:56 KASAN: use-after-free Read in idr_for_each (2) syzbot
  2020-11-28 17:19 ` syzbot
@ 2021-04-15 18:28 ` syzbot
  2021-04-19 12:09   ` Pavel Begunkov
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 8+ messages in thread
From: syzbot @ 2021-04-15 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: asml.silence, axboe, egiptomarmol, hdanton, io-uring,
	linux-fsdevel, linux-kernel, mail, syzkaller-bugs, viro, willy

syzbot suspects this issue was fixed by commit:

commit 61cf93700fe6359552848ed5e3becba6cd760efa
Author: Matthew Wilcox (Oracle) <willy@infradead.org>
Date:   Mon Mar 8 14:16:16 2021 +0000

    io_uring: Convert personality_idr to XArray

bisection log:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/bisect.txt?x=16f91b9ad00000
start commit:   dd86e7fa Merge tag 'pci-v5.11-fixes-2' of git://git.kernel..
git tree:       upstream
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=e83e68d0a6aba5f6
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=12056a09a0311d758e60
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=174b80ef500000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=165522d4d00000

If the result looks correct, please mark the issue as fixed by replying with:

#syz fix: io_uring: Convert personality_idr to XArray

For information about bisection process see: https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#bisection

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 8+ messages in thread

* Re: [syzbot] KASAN: use-after-free Read in idr_for_each (2)
  2021-04-15 18:28 ` syzbot
@ 2021-04-19 12:09   ` Pavel Begunkov
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 8+ messages in thread
From: Pavel Begunkov @ 2021-04-19 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: syzbot, axboe, egiptomarmol, hdanton, io-uring, linux-fsdevel,
	linux-kernel, mail, syzkaller-bugs, viro, willy

On 4/15/21 7:28 PM, syzbot wrote:
> syzbot suspects this issue was fixed by commit:
> 
> commit 61cf93700fe6359552848ed5e3becba6cd760efa
> Author: Matthew Wilcox (Oracle) <willy@infradead.org>
> Date:   Mon Mar 8 14:16:16 2021 +0000
> 
>     io_uring: Convert personality_idr to XArray
> 
> bisection log:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/bisect.txt?x=16f91b9ad00000
> start commit:   dd86e7fa Merge tag 'pci-v5.11-fixes-2' of git://git.kernel..
> git tree:       upstream
> kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=e83e68d0a6aba5f6
> dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=12056a09a0311d758e60
> syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=174b80ef500000
> C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=165522d4d00000
> 
> If the result looks correct, please mark the issue as fixed by replying with:
> 
> #syz fix: io_uring: Convert personality_idr to XArray
> 
> For information about bisection process see: https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#bisection

#syz fix: io_uring: Convert personality_idr to XArray

-- 
Pavel Begunkov

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 8+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 8+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-10-05  8:56 KASAN: use-after-free Read in idr_for_each (2) syzbot
2020-11-28 17:19 ` syzbot
2020-12-18 15:43   ` Pavel Begunkov
2020-12-18 16:44     ` syzbot
2021-03-19 10:38       ` Pavel Begunkov
2021-03-19 11:02         ` [syzbot] " syzbot
2021-04-15 18:28 ` syzbot
2021-04-19 12:09   ` Pavel Begunkov

Linux-Fsdevel Archive on lore.kernel.org

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror https://lore.kernel.org/linux-fsdevel/0 linux-fsdevel/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 linux-fsdevel linux-fsdevel/ https://lore.kernel.org/linux-fsdevel \
		linux-fsdevel@vger.kernel.org
	public-inbox-index linux-fsdevel

Example config snippet for mirrors

Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://nntp.lore.kernel.org/org.kernel.vger.linux-fsdevel


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git