On Tue, Jan 07, 2020 at 09:36:54AM +0100, Marco Felsch wrote: > On 19-12-17 12:58, Mark Brown wrote: > > This doesn't say anything about how the GPIO input is expected to be > > controlled, for voltage setting any runtime control would need to be > > done by the driver and it sounds like that's all that can be controlled. > > The way this reads I'd expect one use of this to be for fast voltage > > setting for example (you could even combine that with suspend sequencing > > using the internal sequencer if you mux back to the sequencer during > > suspend). > The input signal is routed trough the da9062 gpio block to the > regualtors. You can't set any voltage value using a gpio instead you > decide which voltage setting is applied. The voltage values for > runtime/suspend comes from the dt-data. No it's not just a fast > switching option imagine the system suspend case where the cpu and soc > voltage can be reduced to a very low value. Older soc's like the imx6 > signaling this state by a hard wired gpio line because the soc and > cpu cores don't work properly on such low voltage values. This is > my use case and I can't use the sequencer. My point is that I can't tell any of this from the description.