On Tue, Jan 07, 2020 at 02:38:11PM +0100, Marco Felsch wrote: > On 20-01-07 13:09, Mark Brown wrote: > > On Tue, Jan 07, 2020 at 09:36:54AM +0100, Marco Felsch wrote: > > > The input signal is routed trough the da9062 gpio block to the > > > regualtors. You can't set any voltage value using a gpio instead you > > > decide which voltage setting is applied. The voltage values for > > > runtime/suspend comes from the dt-data. No it's not just a fast > > > switching option imagine the system suspend case where the cpu and soc > > > voltage can be reduced to a very low value. Older soc's like the imx6 > > > signaling this state by a hard wired gpio line because the soc and > > > cpu cores don't work properly on such low voltage values. This is > > > my use case and I can't use the sequencer. > > My point is that I can't tell any of this from the description. > Therefore I want to discuss the dt-binding documentation with you and > the others to get this done. Is the above description better to > understand the dt-binding? That text really doesn't feel like text that'd be idiomatic directly in a binding document but some of those ideas probably do need to be in the text I think.