linux-gpio.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Re: [libgpiod] hopefully simple question regarding pull-up/down control
       [not found] ` <CAMRc=Md9yD6U+_BAEY_pB1vdri6oZuMLwAhvDuAgpee_bQEpVA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2019-09-10 23:18   ` Drew Fustini
From: Drew Fustini @ 2019-09-10 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bartosz Golaszewski
  Cc: Bill Barton, open list:GPIO SUBSYSTEM, thomas.petazzoni, Linus Walleij

On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 4:07 PM Bartosz Golaszewski <brgl@bgdev.pl> wrote:
> As for your question: it's in the pipeline, but it's not a trivial
> task. We first need to implement the kernel part, then define a
> future-proof kernel-to-user-space interface and then implement the
> support in libgpiod. For now it's impossible to enable configurable
> pull-up/down resistors from user-space.

Hello, I'm curious if there has been any further development towards
being able to control pull up or pull down through libgpiod.

Thanks,
Drew

* Re: [libgpiod] hopefully simple question regarding pull-up/down control
@ 2019-09-12  9:27     ` Linus Walleij
From: Linus Walleij @ 2019-09-12  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Drew Fustini
  Cc: Bartosz Golaszewski, Bill Barton, open list:GPIO SUBSYSTEM,
	thomas.petazzoni

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 12:19 AM Drew Fustini <pdp7pdp7@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 4:07 PM Bartosz Golaszewski <brgl@bgdev.pl> wrote:
> > As for your question: it's in the pipeline, but it's not a trivial
> > task. We first need to implement the kernel part, then define a
> > future-proof kernel-to-user-space interface and then implement the
> > support in libgpiod. For now it's impossible to enable configurable
> > pull-up/down resistors from user-space.
>
> Hello, I'm curious if there has been any further development towards
> being able to control pull up or pull down through libgpiod.

I met with Drew yesterdat and we decided he will take a stab at fixing
this for the benefit of all Adafruits etc.

Yours,
Linus Walleij

* Re: [libgpiod] hopefully simple question regarding pull-up/down control
@ 2019-09-14  8:18       ` Bartosz Golaszewski
From: Bartosz Golaszewski @ 2019-09-14  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Walleij
  Cc: Drew Fustini, Bill Barton, open list:GPIO SUBSYSTEM, thomas.petazzoni

czw., 12 wrz 2019 o 11:27 Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org> napisał(a):

> On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 12:19 AM Drew Fustini <pdp7pdp7@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 4:07 PM Bartosz Golaszewski <brgl@bgdev.pl> wrote:
> > > As for your question: it's in the pipeline, but it's not a trivial
> > > task. We first need to implement the kernel part, then define a
> > > future-proof kernel-to-user-space interface and then implement the
> > > support in libgpiod. For now it's impossible to enable configurable
> > > pull-up/down resistors from user-space.
> >
> > Hello, I'm curious if there has been any further development towards
> > being able to control pull up or pull down through libgpiod.
>
> I met with Drew yesterdat and we decided he will take a stab at fixing
> this for the benefit of all Adafruits etc.
>
> Yours,
> Linus Walleij

Awesome! Let me know if I can help. I'll make sure this gets supported
in libgpiod as soon as we have an interface exposed by the kernel.

Bart