On Sun, Sep 05, 2021 at 11:31:44AM -0700, Kees Cook wrote: > On Sun, Sep 05, 2021 at 10:36:22AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote: > > > Yeech. Yeah, no, that was not expected at all. I even did test merge builds against your latest tree before sending the Pull Request. This has been in -next for weeks, too. > > Sadly, I don't think linux-next checks for warnings. > Oh, I thought I'd gotten such reports from sfr before, but certainly the > 0day bot and others have yelled loudly about new warnings (from earlier > iterations of this series in -next). Yes, Stephen will report new warnings in the configs he tested and there's a bunch of people who like to go around fixing warnings whenever they do appear though only in the more common configurations. > > > What was the build environment? > > This is actually just bog-standard gcc-11.2 from F34, and an allmodconfig build. > Ah, fun. Yeah, I'm behind on versions, it seems. Default gcc version on > latest stable Ubuntu release is 10.3. I will go retest on the devel > release. If you're looking for coverage on this stuff it's also good to check with clang as well, it's sufficiently different that it often triggers extra stuff (eg, turning on -Werror broke i386 allmodconfig for clang-10 since that triggers some stack frame size warnings which are now errors).