linux-hardening.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Re: [ANNOUNCE] KVM Microconference at LPC 2023
       [not found] <2f19f26e-20e5-8198-294e-27ea665b706f@redhat.com>
@ 2023-05-26 16:09 ` Mickaël Salaün
From: Mickaël Salaün @ 2023-05-26 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Bonzini, James Morris
  Cc: Sean Christopherson, Marc Zyngier, Borislav Petkov, Dave Hansen,
	H . Peter Anvin, Ingo Molnar, Kees Cook, Paolo Bonzini,
	Thomas Gleixner, Vitaly Kuznetsov, Wanpeng Li, Alexander Graf,
	Forrest Yuan Yu, John Andersen, Liran Alon,
	Madhavan T . Venkataraman, Marian Rotariu, Mihai Donțu,
	Nicușor Cîțu, Rick Edgecombe, Thara Gopinath,
	Will Deacon, Zahra Tarkhani, Ștefan Șicleru, dev, kvm,
	linux-hardening, linux-hyperv, linux-kernel,
	linux-security-module, qemu-devel, virtualization, x86,
	xen-devel

See James Morris's proposal here:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/17f62cb1-a5de-2020-2041-359b8e96b8c0@linux.microsoft.com/

On 26/05/2023 04:36, James Morris wrote:
 > [Side topic]
 >
 > Would folks be interested in a Linux Plumbers Conference MC on this
 > topic generally, across different hypervisors, VMMs, and architectures?
 >
 > If so, please let me know who the key folk would be and we can try
writing
 > up an MC proposal.

The fine-grain memory management proposal from James Gowans looks
interesting, especially the "side-car" virtual machines:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/88db2d9cb42e471692ff1feb0b9ca855906a9d95.camel@amazon.com/

@ 2023-06-01 21:52   ` Mickaël Salaün
From: Mickaël Salaün @ 2023-06-01 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Bonzini, James Morris
  Cc: Sean Christopherson, Marc Zyngier, Borislav Petkov, Dave Hansen,
	H . Peter Anvin, Ingo Molnar, Kees Cook, Thomas Gleixner,
	Vitaly Kuznetsov, Wanpeng Li, Alexander Graf, Forrest Yuan Yu,
	John Andersen, Liran Alon, Madhavan T . Venkataraman,
	Marian Rotariu, Mihai Donțu, Nicușor Cîțu,
	Rick Edgecombe, Thara Gopinath, Will Deacon, Zahra Tarkhani,
	Ștefan Șicleru, dev, kvm, linux-hardening,
	linux-hyperv, linux-kernel, linux-security-module, qemu-devel,
	virtualization, x86, xen-devel

Hi,

What is the status of this microconference proposal? We'd be happy to
talk about Heki [1] and potentially other hypervisor supports.

Regards,
  Mickaël

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230505152046.6575-1-mic@digikod.net/

@ 2023-06-02  0:23     ` Sean Christopherson
From: Sean Christopherson @ 2023-06-02  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mickaël Salaün
  Cc: Paolo Bonzini, James Morris, Marc Zyngier, Borislav Petkov,
	Dave Hansen, H . Peter Anvin, Ingo Molnar, Kees Cook,

On Thu, Jun 01, 2023, Micka�l Sala�n wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the status of this microconference proposal? We'd be happy to talk
> about Heki [1] and potentially other hypervisor supports.

Proposal submitted (deadline is/was today), now we wait :-)  IIUC, we should find
out rather quickly whether or not the KVM MC is a go.