Linux-Hwmon Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / color / Atom feed
* git fsck broken due to "hwmon: (nct7904) Fix incorrect temperature limitation register setting of LTD."
@ 2019-10-31  9:38 Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
  2019-10-31 13:16 ` Guenter Roeck
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli @ 2019-10-31  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guenter Roeck, amy.shih, linux-hwmon

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 967 bytes --]

Hi,

When fetching linux[1] I have:
> $ git fetch origin
> remote: Enumerating objects: 119615, done.
> remote: Counting objects: 100% (119615/119615), done.
> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (22639/22639), done.
> error: object 4a2d78822fdf1556dfbbfaedd71182fe5b562194:
> badDateOverflow: invalid author/committer line - date causes integer
> overflow
> fatal: fsck error in packed object
> fatal: index-pack failed

According to gitweb[2], 4a2d78822fdf1556dfbbfaedd71182fe5b562194
corresponds to "hwmon: (nct7904) Fix incorrect temperature limitation
register setting of LTD.".

The issue seem to be that the "Author date" is "2085-06-18 15:57:19
+0000" which seems wrong.

Is there still time to fix this date?

References:
-----------
[1]git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git
[2]https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=4a2d78822fdf1556dfbbfaedd71182fe5b562194

Denis.

[-- Attachment #2: OpenPGP digital signature --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 833 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: git fsck broken due to "hwmon: (nct7904) Fix incorrect temperature limitation register setting of LTD."
  2019-10-31  9:38 git fsck broken due to "hwmon: (nct7904) Fix incorrect temperature limitation register setting of LTD." Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
@ 2019-10-31 13:16 ` Guenter Roeck
  2019-10-31 23:43   ` Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Guenter Roeck @ 2019-10-31 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli, amy.shih, linux-hwmon

On 10/31/19 2:38 AM, Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> When fetching linux[1] I have:
>> $ git fetch origin
>> remote: Enumerating objects: 119615, done.
>> remote: Counting objects: 100% (119615/119615), done.
>> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (22639/22639), done.
>> error: object 4a2d78822fdf1556dfbbfaedd71182fe5b562194:
>> badDateOverflow: invalid author/committer line - date causes integer
>> overflow
>> fatal: fsck error in packed object
>> fatal: index-pack failed
> 
> According to gitweb[2], 4a2d78822fdf1556dfbbfaedd71182fe5b562194
> corresponds to "hwmon: (nct7904) Fix incorrect temperature limitation
> register setting of LTD.".
> 
> The issue seem to be that the "Author date" is "2085-06-18 15:57:19
> +0000" which seems wrong.
> 
> Is there still time to fix this date?
> 

Sorry for the trouble. Unfortunately I didn't catch it before it was pushed.
I don't think it can be fixed; my understanding is that the git tree can
not be modified.

What is your git version ? I don't see the problem with git version 2.17.1.

Guenter

> References:
> -----------
> [1]git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git
> [2]https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=4a2d78822fdf1556dfbbfaedd71182fe5b562194
> 
> Denis.
> 


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: git fsck broken due to "hwmon: (nct7904) Fix incorrect temperature limitation register setting of LTD."
  2019-10-31 13:16 ` Guenter Roeck
@ 2019-10-31 23:43   ` Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli @ 2019-10-31 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guenter Roeck; +Cc: amy.shih, linux-hwmon

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 501 bytes --]

On Thu, 31 Oct 2019 06:16:10 -0700
Guenter Roeck <linux@roeck-us.net> wrote:

> Sorry for the trouble. Unfortunately I didn't catch it before it was
> pushed. I don't think it can be fixed; my understanding is that the
> git tree can not be modified.
> 
> What is your git version ? I don't see the problem with git version
> 2.17.1.
This may be because you may not have fsckobjects set to true.

I've git 2.23.0 with:
- transfer.fsckobjects = true 
- fetch.fsckobjects = true

Denis.

[-- Attachment #2: OpenPGP digital signature --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 833 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 3+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-10-31  9:38 git fsck broken due to "hwmon: (nct7904) Fix incorrect temperature limitation register setting of LTD." Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
2019-10-31 13:16 ` Guenter Roeck
2019-10-31 23:43   ` Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli

Linux-Hwmon Archive on lore.kernel.org

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror https://lore.kernel.org/linux-hwmon/0 linux-hwmon/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 linux-hwmon linux-hwmon/ https://lore.kernel.org/linux-hwmon \
		linux-hwmon@vger.kernel.org
	public-inbox-index linux-hwmon

Example config snippet for mirrors

Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://nntp.lore.kernel.org/org.kernel.vger.linux-hwmon


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git