On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 04:21:19PM +0300, Mika Westerberg wrote: > Hi all, > > This series aims to fix the issue reported by Martin Volf [1] that prevents > the nct6775 driver from loading. > > I added Fixes tag to the last patch but not stable tag because the other > two patches it depends are not really stable material IMO. Please let me > know if there is a better way to organize these :) > > I tested this on Intel Whiskey Lake based system (CNL derived) and on Comet > Lake-V based system (SPT derived and the iTCO_wdt still works and I can see > the expected resources in /proc/ioports and /proc/iomem. > > The previous version of the patch series can be found here: > > https://lore.kernel.org/linux-hwmon/20200225123802.88984-1-mika.westerberg@linux.intel.com/ > > Changes from the previous version: > > * Call request_region() also for iTCO_vendorsupport > * Drop the core populating ICH_RES_IO_SMI completely from i2c-i801.c > > [1] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-hwmon/CAM1AHpQ4196tyD=HhBu-2donSsuogabkfP03v1YF26Q7_BgvgA@mail.gmail.com/ I can take this series via I2C. Just wanted to let you know that I am aiming for rc5, because I'd like to have this in linux-next for a week to make sure we don't regress again (despite all precautions) somewhere else. Thanks to everyone to get this regression handled in such a concentrated manner!