Linux-Hwmon Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
To: Guenter Roeck <linux@roeck-us.net>
Cc: linux-hwmon@vger.kernel.org,
	Linux List Kernel Mailing <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] hwmon updates for hwmon-for-v5.3
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 15:26:51 -0700

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 3:19 PM Guenter Roeck <linux@roeck-us.net> wrote:

> I have been sending out those odd messages ever since v5.1 because
> my script was checking for v4.x, not for v5.x. Oh well.
> Should I resend with better subject and text ?

I nbever even noticed any oddity.

As long as I see "git" and "pull" in an email that is directed to me,
it gets caught in my filter for pull requests. The rest is gravy,
although I'll complain if it doesn't have the expected diffstat and
explanation for my merge commit message.

The "for hwmon-for-v5.3" instead of just "for 5.3" difference I didn't
even notice before you just pointed it out.

And I've actually already merged your pull request., it just hasn't
been pushed out yet. It was just delayed by (a) my normal "merge
similar subjects together as batches" and then by (b) the 24-hour
merge hiatus as I was fighting my machines not booting due to a couple
of independent bugs this merge window that just happened to hit me.

                Linus