On Tue, 2020-10-06 at 23:32 +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote: > What the heck? Why does this need a setter function which is exported? > So that random driver writers can fiddle with it? > > The affinity mask restriction of an irq domain is already known when the > domain is created. It's exported because __irq_domain_add is exported. I didn't want to just add a rarely-used extra argument to __irq_domain_add and the other public APIs which call into it, and figured a separate setter function was the simplest option. I can rework to add the argument to __irq_domain_add if you prefer. Or we can declare that restricted affinity *isn't* something that IRQ domains provided by modules can have, and just not export the setter function?