On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 10:10:32PM +0100, Russell King wrote: > Running i2cdetect on a PXA I2C adapter is very noisy; it complains > whenever a slave fails to respond to the address cycle. Since it is > normal to probe for slaves in this way, we should not fill the kernel > log. This is especially true with SFP modules that take a while to > respond on the I2C bus, and probing via the I2C bus is the only way to > detect that they are ready. > > Fix this by changing the internal transfer return code from I2C_RETRY > to a new NO_SLAVE code (mapped to -ENXIO, as per the I2C documentation > for this condition, but we still return -EREMOTEIO to the I2C stack to > maintain long established driver behaviour.) > > Signed-off-by: Russell King Applied to for-next, thanks!