Hi Prabhakar, > > Leaves us with a seperate compatible entry for it? > > > Sounds okay to me, how about "renesas,iic-no-dvfs" ? So that this > could be used on all the SoC's which don't support DVFS. Well, the feature missing is used for DVFS, but its name is "automatic transmission". So, I'd rather suggest "-no-auto" as suffix. Also, there are already quite some IIC variants out there, so plain "iic" won't catch them all. My suggestion would be "renesas,rcar-gen2-iic-no-auto". All the best, Wolfram