Hi Tali, Andy! On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 05:23:40PM +0300, Andy Shevchenko wrote: > On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 02:09:09PM +0300, Tali Perry wrote: > > Add Nuvoton NPCM BMC I2C controller driver. > > Thanks. My comments below. > After addressing them, FWIW, > Reviewed-by: Andy Shevchenko Thanks, Andy, for all the review! From a glimpse, this looks good to go. I will have a close look later today. > > +#ifdef CONFIG_DEBUG_FS > > Again, why is this here? > > Have you checked debugfs.h for !CONFIG_DEBUG_FS case? I wondered also about DEBUG_FS entries. I can see their value when developing the driver. But since this is done now, do they really help a user to debug a difficult case? I am not sure, and then I wonder if we should have that code in upstream. I am open for discussion, though. > > +MODULE_VERSION("0.1.3"); > > Module version is defined by kernel commit hash. But it's up to you and > subsystem maintainer to decide. Please drop it. I also think commit id's (or even kernel versions) are a more precise description. Regards, Wolfram