Hi Hans, > > Build tested only. Looking for Hans' opinion here. > > I'm fine with removing this. Thanks! [semi off-topic case] > So basically allow board_info to say: > > "There is no IRQ and do not try to find one" > > This could be as simple as having the instantiating code do: > > board_info.irq = -ENOENT; ... > ATM I do not have a use-case for this, still I think this would be > useful to have. Would you be willing to take a patch with the above > change for this? I haven't checked your code change in detail to check for side-effects. In general, I think we could have something like this. However, I am a bit conservative when it comes to changing something without a use case. All the best, Wolfram