On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 06:38:32PM -0700, Dmitry Torokhov wrote: > More and more drivers rely on devres to manage their resources, however > if bus' probe() and release() methods are not trivial and control some > of resources as well (for example enable or disable clocks, or attach > device to a power domain), we need to make sure that driver-allocated > resources are released immediately after driver's remove() method > returns, and not postponed until driver core gets around to releasing > resources. To fix that we open a new devres group before calling > driver's probe() and explicitly release it when we return from driver's > remove(). > > Tested-by: Jeff LaBundy > Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov Applied to for-next, thanks!